THEIR MISSION STATEMENT
We’re dedicated to the betterment of our members and patients everywhere. Access an extensive library of educational resources and build stronger ties with surgeons locally and around the world.
Question of the Day
What is the best way to deodorize my car?
Clean all the upholstery and carpeting with a mixture of vinegar and water. Sponge it in and blot with a towel. You can clean the remaining interior surfaces the same way.
Advice of the Day
To clean a steam iron, fill it with vinegar, let sit overnight, and flush with water.
Home Hint of the Day
To hammer in a small brad without hammering the fingers that hold it, poke the brad through the edge of a piece of cardboard, holding it while you tap the brad in most of the way. Then pull the cardboard free and pound the nail flush.
Word of the Day
Light informal conversation for social occasions.
Puzzle of the Day
Why is a pair of skates like an apple?
Because they have both caused the fall of man.
- Franz Gruber (composer) – 1787
- Andrew Carnegie (industrialist) – 1835
- Georg Kaiser (dramatist) – 1878
- Virgil Thomson (composer) – 1896
- Helen Gahagan Douglas (politician) – 1900
- Joe DiMaggio (baseball player) – 1914
- John Larroquette (actor) – 1947
- Amy Grant (singer) – 1960
- John F. Kennedy, Jr. (son of President John F. Kennedy and First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy) – 1960
- Christina Applegate (actress) – 1971
- Barbara Pierce Bush and Jenna Welch Bush (fraternal twin daughters of President George W. Bush and First Lady Laura Bush) – 1981
- Upton Sinclair (writer) – 1968
- Flip Wilson (actor & comedian) – 1998
- Rance Howard (actor) – 2017
- First sword-swallower performance in the U.S.– 1817
- First YMCA in North America opened, in Montreal, Quebec– 1851
- Last log entry for Mary Celeste before crew disappeared – 1872
- Greenback Party (originally, National Independent Party) organized– 1874
- American College of Surgeons incorporated– 1912
- Albert Einstein formulated his general theory of relativity– 1915
- The first door to King Tut’s tomb was opened– 1922
- President John F. Kennedy was buried at 3:34 pm EST in Arlington National Cemetery– 1963
- Robert S. Ledley granted a patent for CAT scan– 1975
- Rene Levesque became premier of Quebec– 1976
- U.S. chess champion John Donaldson wed Soviet champion Elena Akhmilovskaya– 1988
- Ireland voted to legalize divorce– 1995
- A tornado ripped through Portland, Arkansas– 1926
- Steubenville, Ohio, received 36.3 inches of snow– 1950
- West Virginia received 57 inches of snow– 1950
- A blizzard hit the Appalachian states and nearby areas. Hartford, Connecticut, recorded gusts of 100 miles (160km) per hour.– 1950
- Winds atop Mount Washington in New Hampshire were recorded at 160 miles per hour– 1950