Who: #9/9 Arkansas Razorbacks (4-0, 0-0 SEC) vs #10/8 Creighton Blue Jays (5-0, 0-0 Big East)
What: Maui Jim Maui Invitational semifinal.
When: Tuesday – Nov. 22 – 3 pm (HT) / 7 pm (CT)
Where: Lahaina, Hawai’i (Lahaina Civic Center)
How (to follow):
LAHAINA, Hawaii – The ninth-ranked Arkansas Razorbacks advanced to the Maui Jim Maui Invitational and will face the #10/8 Creighton Blue Jays. Tipoff is set for 3 pm (HT)/7 pm (CT) and the game will be televised on ESPN.
- This will be the third meeting between Arkansas and Creighton. The series is even at 1-1. Creighton won the first meeting, 29-28, in the 1932-33 season. The second meeting went to the Razorbacks, 73-61, in the 1962-63 season in a game played in Oklahoma City.
- With #9 Arkansas facing #10 Creighton in the Maui Invitational semifinal, it marks the 24th time in Razorback history an AP top-10 Arkansas team has faced an AP top-10 opponent. Arkansas is 9-14 in such games, including a 6-11 mark on neutral courts. The last time it happened, #10 Arkansas fell to #3 Baylor, 81-72, in the 2021 NCAA Elite 8.
- Overall, in top 25 matchups, a ranked Arkansas team is 46-49 when facing a ranked opponent, including a 25-29 record on neutral courts. The last time a ranked Arkansas team faced a ranked opponent was in last year’s NCAA Sweet 16 when #17 Arkansas took down #1 Gonzaga, 74-68.
• Anthony Black had a breakout game in the win over Louisville. The freshman scored a game-high (and career-high) 26 points with six assists. He was 9-of-11 overall (3-5 3PT) and 5-of-5 from the line. Black had only scored 18 total points in his first three games.
- Twins Makhi and Makhel Mitchell each grabbed a game-best six rebounds in the win over Louisville.
- Arkansas has thrilled crowds early this season with numerous dunks. The team tallied 14 in the first three games, including seven alone by Trevon Brazile.
- However, versus Louisville, Arkansas threw down 11 dunks … amazingly, none by Brazile. The dunks came from: Makhel Mitchell – 4 Jalen Graham – 3 Anthony Black – 2 Ricky Council IV – 2
For more information on Arkansas Men’s Basketball, follow @RazorbackMBB on Twitter.
COURTESY ARKANSAS ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS