Tulsa Post-Game Notes vs. Ohio State
• Tulsa wore white helmets, white jerseys and blue pants.
• Tulsa game captains were: #2 Keylon Stokes (WR), #71 Chris Paul (OT), #90 Jaxon Player
(DT), #97 Tyarise Stevenson (NG).
• Tulsa won the coin toss and deferred. Ohio State receives, Tulsa defending north end
• Today’s game was only the second meeting between the two schools.
• Tulsa totaled over 500 total yards (501) for the first time this season and the first time
since gaining 522 yards vs. Tulane last season (No. 19, 2020).
• Tulsa allowed over 500 total yards (508) for only the second time in the last 36 games
(since the start of the 2018 season) … the other 500+ game was Oklahoma State’s 506 yards
• This was the third straight game that Tulsa threw for over 200 yards and today’s total of
428 yards was a season high.
• Tulsa’s 428 passing yards was the most for a Tulsa team since passing for 421 yards
against Memphis on Oct. 23, 2015.
• Tulsa scored on its first possession of the game for the first time this season, scoring on a
22-yard field goal.
• For the second straight week, Tulsa was tied with its opponent after the first period …
last week against Oklahoma State the score was 0-0 … today the score was 3-3.
• At halftime, Tulsa held a 217 to 199-yard edge in total offense in the first half, throwing
for 204 yards.
• Tulsa’s defense gave up only one rushing touchdown entering today’s game but allowed
Ohio State to rush for 3 TDs.
• It took the 11th quarter of the season for Tulsa to score its first passing touchdown of the
• Davis Brin threw for his first career 300+ game with a career-high 428 yards … his
previous high was 266 yards in his only significant playing time last year against Tulane.
• Brin’s 428 yards was the most for a Tulsa quarterback since Dane Evans threw for 421
yards against Memphis on Oct. 23, 2015.
• Brin’s two TD passes tied his career-best from last year against Tulane.
• Brin completed 6-of-9 passes for 75 yards on Tulsa’s first drive.
• Lachlan Wilson’s 67-yard punt in the second quarter was a season-long for the Tulsa
• Graduate transfer Ezra Naylor II caught his first passes in the Tulsa uniform with 81 yards
on 5 receptions.
• Brin also tied his career-high with two TD passes.
• Kendarin Ray had his first career forced fumble and first career sack on the same play as
Tulsa took possession of the fumble in the 3rd quarter.
• On that Ray forced fumble, Anthony Goodlow had his first career fumble recovery.
• Cannon Montgomery had his first career touchdown reception with a 21-yard TD catch
and run on just his 4th career reception.
• Josh Johnson had his first 100+ receiving game of the year and the second of his career
with a career-best 149 yards.
• Ohio State running back TreVeyon Henderson’s 277 rushing yards was the 6th most for a
Tulsa opponent, and the most since Kevin Smith of UCF had 284 rushing yards on December
COURTESY TULSA ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS
Yay google is my king assisted me to find this outstanding web site! .
Comments are closed.