By Danielle Daniels
2 6 2024
Ohio State vs. Indiana
Date: February 6, 2024
Time: 7 p.m.
Venue: Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
Listen: Ohio State Radio Network from Learfield
Live Stats: OhioStateBuckeyes.com
Game Notes: Ohio State | Indiana
Rosters: Ohio State | Indiana
Season Stats: Ohio State | Indiana
TICKETS: Season, single-game, group and mini plans are available men’s basketball games this season. Visit OhioStateBuckeyes.com or call the Ohio State Athletics Ticket Office in the Schottenstein Center at 1-800-GOBUCKS.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State is back home to host a pair of home games this week, starting with a Tuesday evening matchup against Indiana. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. and the game will be streamed exclusively on Peacock. Jac Collinsworth and Robbie Hummel will call the action.
- This will be the 200th all-time meeting between Ohio State and Indiana. Officially, the Hoosiers lead the series 109-84 after taking into account vacated games.
- The teams met exactly one month ago, on Jan. 6 in Bloomington, and the Hoosiers came away with a 71-65 victory. Indiana built a 10-point lead with less than four minutes to play. A three-pointer by Jamison Battle and four points from Felix Okpara helped cut the deficit to just two at 67-65 with 1:44 left. But Indiana made enough plays down the stretch to hold on. Battle led the Buckeyes with 17 points on 5-of-10 from long range.
- Ohio State battled Iowa in a back-and-forth game but fell on the road 79-77 last Friday night. Battle led four Buckeyes in double figures with 17 points on 3-of-5 from long range. Big man Felix Okpara tied a career-high with 14 points to go along with a game-high eight rebounds and two blocks. Bruce Thornton also had 14 points and five assists.
- Thornton leads the country in assist-to-turnover ratio, dishing out 97 assists and committing just 21 turnovers. He has had at least two assists in every game and has had 18 assists and three turnovers over the last four games.
- Okpara is one of two players in the country (with at least 15 games) to have one or more blocked shots in every game they have played. He is third in the Big Ten and 11th in the country with 52 blocked shots this season.
- Freshman Devin Royal has come off the bench and provided a start over the past month. He has scored 35 points in roughly 52 minutes of action since Jan. 15 on 14-of-23 (.609) shooting. Royal is coming off of playing a season-high 17:21 at Iowa and finished with nine points and three rebounds.
- Battle’s shooting 45 percent from long range, which is sixth-best in the country and tops in the Big Ten. The 6-7 forward is also the only Big Ten player on the Julius Erving Award late season watch list.
- Indiana enters the game having lost four of its last five games, including an 85-71 loss at home to Penn State on Saturday. The Hoosiers are led in scoring by Malik Reneau at 16.0 ppg. Big man Kel’el Ware, who had a solid game against the Buckeyes in Bloomington, is averaging 15.3 points and a team-best 9.5 rebounds per game.
COURTESY OHIO STATE ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS