JAN. 17, 2023 II BRIDGESTONE ARENA II at NASHVILLE PREDATORS
TV: Bally Sports Ohio Jeff Rimer (play-by-play), Jody Shelley (analyst), Dave Maetzold (reporter)
Radio: 97.1 The Fan Bob McElligott (play-by-play), Dylan Tyrer (host)
« LW Filip Forsberg leads the Predators in goals and points with 18-20-38 in 43 contests this season and has totaled 12-8-20 in 23 career appearances vs. Columbus.
« D Roman Josi, who finished as the runner up for the Norris Trophy (best defenseman) last season (23-73-96 in 80 GP), leads Nashville in assists and ranks second in points and third in goals with 12-23-35 in 43 outings in 2022-23.
« G Juuse Saros has a 2.68 GAA and .921 SV% in 33 appearances in 2022-23 and is 8-3-0 with a 2.19 GAA and .931 SV% in 12 career games against the Blue Jackets.
« Columbus has gone 31-54-13 in 98 all-time meetings vs. Nashville, including 9-34-7 on the road.
« CBJ are 6-6-2 against the Predators since the 2018-19 season, including wins in each of the last two meetings and three of the past four.
« The home team has collected points in seven-straight games of the series (6-0-1) and 11 of the last 12 (10-1-1).
« The winning team has scored four or more goals in five-straight games overall (CBJ; 3-1-1).
« The Predators have registered 10 of the 15 shutouts in the all-time series, including the most recent one by Juuse Saros on Nov. 30, 2021 (6-0 W at NSH).
« Each team has recorded three hat tricks in the all-time series while the Blue Jackets have been awarded four of the five penalty shots.
« Oct. 20, 2022 – at CBJ 5, NSH 3
« Nov. 26, 2022 – at Nashville (8 p.m. ET)
Player Notables vs. Predators
« LW Johnny Gaudreau – 5-23-28 in 22 career GP, recording eight multi-point efforts and points in all but six of his contests vs. the club after notching two goals on Oct. 20
« C Boone Jenner – 9-3-12 in 21 career GP, including 3-1-4 in his last seven games at Nashville
« C Jack Roslovic – 1-7-8 in 17 career GP, including assists in three of his last five road games (0-3-3)
BLUE JACKETS TEAM NOTES
- Columbus fell in the first half of a back-to-back set, 3-1, to the New York Rangers on Monday. The Jackets close out their eighth of 17 back-to-back sets of the season on Tuesday at Nashville.
- CBJ are in a stretch of four-of-six games played at home from January 12-21 with the lone road contests, Saturday at Detroit and Tuesday at Nashville.
- The Blue Jackets closed out a stretch of eight-straight games against Eastern Conference teams to start 2023. The stretch from January 3-16 includes five contests vs. Metropolitan Division opponents. The club now plays seven consecutive contests against the Western Conference (six vs. the Pacific Division).
- Columbus’ blueliners have registered 7-12-19 in the last 14 contests and have combined for 20-46-66 in 43 games during the 2022-23 season.
- The Blue Jackets boast a League-high 24 different players to score a goal this season.
- CBJ rookies have combined for 10-8-18 over the last 12 games. They lead all NHL teams in goals and rank third-T in points with 23-26-49 in 43 contests in 2022-23.
BLUE JACKETS PLAYER NOTES
- RW Emil Bemstrom has collected 0-4-4 in the last seven games and 2-4-6 in 10 contests since being recalled by CBJ on December 28. He has registered 3-5-8 in his last 13 games with the Blue Jackets dating back to November 19. The winger has also registered points in 15 of his 20 games played split between CBJ and the AHL’s Cleveland Monsters with 9-14-23 recorded since Nov. 25.
- D Adam Boqvist failed to register an assist for the first time in his last five games (0-4-4). He has collected assists in five of his past seven games dating back to Dec. 31 (0-5-5).
- LW Johnny Gaudreau picked up his team-leading eighth multi-assist and 11th multi-point outing with two assists at Detroit on Saturday. He leads the team in goals (tied), assists and points with 12-29-41 in 43 contests and was named to his first NHL All-Star Game as a Blue Jacket and seventh in his career. He finished the 2022 calendar year with 38-81-119 in 88 games split between Calgary and Columbus to end the year second-T in the League in assists and third in points. His 81 assists were the second most by a U.S-born player in a single season in NHL history, trailing only Craig Janney’s 82 in 1992.
- C Kent Johnson ranks sixth among NHL rookies in goals and points (tied) and 10th in points-per-game (min. 15 GP) with 8-11-19 in 40 contests (.48 Pt/GP).
- G Joonas Korpisalo has stopped 194-of-210 shots over his last seven games played to rank eighth-T in the NHL in save percentage (.924) since December 9 (min. 6 GP).
- LW Patrik Laine had his three-game points streak (3-3-6) snapped on Monday. He had notched his 10th career hat trick – and second with the Blue Jackets – with three goals on Saturday at Detroit and has recorded 12-10-22 in 28 contests in 2022-23.
- RW Kirill Marchenko has recorded seven goals in his last 12 appearances, including becoming the sixth rookie in CBJ history to record a hat trick with three goals against Carolina on Jan. 7. He ranks fourth-T among NHL rookie goal scorers in 2022-23 (9-0-9 in 20 GP) and leads League rookies in goals and ranks fourth in points since December 11 with 9-0-9 in 17 contests.
- C Jack Roslovic has collected assists in two consecutive games (0-3-3), including his fourth multi-assist and fifth multi-point effort with two assists at Detroit on Saturday. He has picked up 2-15-17 in 22 outings since December 1 after totaling 1-5-6 in his first 25 games of the campaign.
BLUE JACKETS MILESTONES
- D Gavin Bayreuther is 10 games from 100 for his NHL career (5-14-19, 90 GP).
- RW Yegor Chinakhov is eight games from 100 for his NHL career (11-16-27, 91 GP).
- LW/RW Patrik Laine is one point from 100 for his CBJ career (48-51-99, 129 GP).
- LW Gustav Nyquist is five games from 700 for his NHL career (172-248-420, 695 GP).
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
- D Jake Bean (shoulder) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 17); out 4-to-6 months (28 games)
- RW Yegor Chinakhov (ankle) is on Injured Reserve (Dec. 20); out indefinitely (12 games)
- C/RW Justin Danforth (torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Oct. 25); 6 months (37 games)
- RW Carson Meyer (oblique strain) is on Injured Reserve (Jan. 10); 6-to-8 weeks (3 games)
- LW Jakub Voracek (upper body) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 4); out indefinitely (32 games)
- D Zach Werenski (shoulder separation/torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 10); out 6 months (30 games)
TOTAL MAN GAMES LOST: 291
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS