THE 2ND HALF MELTDOWN AS VCU SCORED 44 POINTS
Second Half – Dayton 62, VCU 63
- The Rams made the first field goal of the half, which shortened their deficit to 12 points.
- Mustapha Amzil hit Dayton’s first bucket of the half with 18:00 remaining.
- VCU made three straight shots to cut the UD lead to seven at the first media timeout at 15:50.
- Mike Shriver of the Rams hit a three-pointer to shorten Dayton’s lead to only one, which was his 12th point of the night.
- Camara recorded his 21st point of the night by hitting a three. This extended the Flyers’ lead to seven with 07:56 left in the game.
- VCU got into foul trouble as they committed three personal fouls in less than two minutes, which the Flyers turned into six points.
- The Rams couldn’t solve the Flyers’ defense, as they hit two of their last 11 field goal attempts.
- Camara beat the shot clock with a layup with 1:09 to go in regulation. This extended their lead to four, 62-58.
- Camara created a steal on the Rams’ next possession. Mike Sharavjamts was fouled, but did not hit the front end of a one-and-one.
- VCU turned the ball over with 30 seconds left, but Mike Shriver hit a three-pointer off of a steal with 28 seconds to go. The Flyers then had a one point lead.
- The Rams took its first and only lead off of a steal and score by Nick Kern. There were 16 seconds left.
- Dayton’s inbound pass was pushed out of bounds by the Flyers, surrendering the ball to VCU.
- VCU missed a free throw. The Flyers took a timeout with possession of the ball and 5.7 seconds left.
- Amzil’s inbound pass went to Camara as he drove to the net and ultimately could not make the shot. VCU rebounded the ball as time expired.
COURTESY DAYTON MEDIA RELATIONS