INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— In the fifth game of the season, Miami fell to No. 12 Indiana 86-56 at Gainbridge Fieldhouse Sunday night. Mekhi Lairy and Julian Lewis each scored 12 points to lead the RedHawks (1-4). Trayce Jackson-Davis had 17 points and 16 rebounds for the Hoosiers (4-0).
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Indiana recorded the first six points of the game before Lewis scored a three-point field goal to bring the RedHawks within three at 6-3. IU responded with a layup to pull ahead 8-3. Billy Smith then proceeded to knock down a three-pointer to trail by two with 15:14 left in the first half. Miami claimed its first lead of the game after Eli Yofan knocked down a shot from beyond the arc to claim a 10-9 lead.
- Indiana attempted to pull away at the 10:05 mark, taking a five-point lead at 17-12. The Red and White stayed resilient, coming within one at 21-20 thanks to a Ryan Mabrey bucket for three. The Hoosiers followed this with a 7-0 run to stretch their lead to 27-20 with 5:45 left to play in the first half. Indiana closed out the half on a 16-6 run to enter the intermission with a 43-26 advantage.
- The Hoosiers extended the score to 51-29 with 16:36 to play in the second half. IU maintained its advantage at 65-40 with 10:38 to play. Lairy and Jaquel Morris scored on back-to-back drives with under nine minutes of play to provide the offense a boost. Ultimately, Indiana went on to win the game 86-56.
- Lewis led the RedHawks in rebounds (seven), assists (four) and steals (two).
- Miami blocked four shots, led by Anderson Mirambeaux’s two blocks.
- Morris played a career-high 16 minutes for the Red and White.
Miami hosts the University of Arkansas at Little Rock at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 26.
COURTESY MIAMI ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS