July 14, 2022
Ohio State will host Bentley and Bowling Green in Value City Arena
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Five teams and 10 games are on the non-conference slate for the Ohio State men’s hockey team for 2022-23, with the Buckeyes hosting three out-of-league contests in Value City Arena. The Big Ten Conference portion of the schedule will be announced at a later date.
A series at Mercyhurst Oct. 1-2 kicks off the season and Ohio State will play at UConn Oct. 14-15.
Bentley will come to Columbus Oct. 20-21 and the Buckeyes will play at Long Island University Thanksgiving weekend (Nov. 25-26). The final nonconference games will be against Bowling Green. The teams will meet on Falcon home ice Dec. 16 and in Columbus Dec. 17.
Season tickets for 2022-23 are on sale now. Click HERE to purchase or call 1.800.GOBUCKS (select option 2, then option 2) to speak to an account executive to secure your seats. Group, mini-plan and single-game tickets will go on sale at a later date. Parking is free for all home games in Value City Arena.
Noting the matchups …
- Ohio State and Bentley met in Waltham, Mass., last October, splitting the series (Bentley 2-1, OSU 7-1). The other matchup between the teams was in Columbus Dec. 12-13, 2008, with Ohio State posting a sweep (10-1, 3-2 OT).
- The Buckeyes are 4-0-2 vs. UConn all-time, including a sweep with 4-3 OT and 3-0 wins in Columbus last October. The squads first met in back to back seasons in November 2016 and ‘17, with Ohio State posting a win and tie in each series. In Columbus Nov. 11-12, 2016, Ohio State won 7-4 and the teams tied 3-3. The next year, the Buckeyes claimed a 5-4 victory before a 1-1 tie.
- The series between the Buckeyes and Mercyhurst started in the 1999-2000 campaign and Ohio State is 11-3-1 all-time vs. the Lakers. The squads split a series in Columbus last year, with the Lakers winning 5-4 Nov. 26, 2021 and Ohio State posting a 3-2 victory the next night. The last series in Erie, Pa., was Oct. 25-26, 2019, with Ohio State notching 7-2 and 3-1 wins.
- LIU joined Division I hockey for the 2020-21 season and the teams met for the first time in Columbus last season. The Buckeyes won 6-0 on New Year’s Eve and kicked off the new year with a 7-2 victory.
- The Buckeyes and Falcons have met 186 times, dating to 1966, and were members of the CCHA together from 1976 through 2013. The teams met for the first time since October 2018 last December. Ohio State recorded two one-goal wins, prevailing 4-3 in overtime in Columbus Dec. 16, 2021 and winning 3-2 on the road the next night.
The People. The Tradition. The Excellence.
COURTESY OSU ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS