Musketeers will play Seton Hall twice in February.
CINCINNATI — The No. 25 Xavier University Musketeers, 16-6 overall and 6-5 in the BIG EAST Conference, visit the Seton Hall University Pirates, 14-7 overall and 5-6 in the BIG EAST, on Wednesday night at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.
Xavier has yet to play a single game against Seton Hall, St. John’s, UConn or Georgetown this season. Seven of Xavier’s final eight scheduled games will be against those four teams. XU hosts Seton Hall on Feb. 26.
NO. 25/RV XAVIER UNIVERSITY MUSKETEERS (16-6, 6-5 BIG EAST)
SETON HALL UNIVERSITY PIRATES (14-7, 5-6 BIG EAST)
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 9, 2022 AT 7 P.M. ET
PRUDENTIAL CENTER IN NEWARK, N.J.
TV, LIVE RADIO, STATS
Television: FS1 with play-by-play from Tim Brando and analysis from Bill Raftery.
Radio: 55KRC-AM with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer Joe Sunderman (’79) and analysis from XU all-time leading scorer and Hall of Famer Byron Larkin (’88). XU broadcast is also on Sirius (81), XM (81) and the SXM App. (81).
Live Stats: Media stats at Statbroadcast.com and fan stats at GoXavier.com.
Xavier, 16-6 overall and 6-5 in the BIG EAST Conference, is 12-1 this season when it scores at least 70 points. XU is coming off a 69-65 loss to DePaul on Saturday.
• Xavier is ranked No. 25 in the Associated Press Poll, its ninth straight week in the AP Top 25. XU is 21st in the NCAA NET and 26th in KenPom, while Seton Hall is 35th in the NET and 37th in KenPom.
• Xavier has yet to play Seton Hall, St. John’s, UConn or Georgetown this season. Seven of Xavier’s final eight scheduled games will be against those four teams.
• Xavier has four players averaging in double figures in scoring from 10.1 ppg. to 12.3 ppg. and have had eight different players lead the team in scoring. XU’s fifth-leading scorer, junior Zach Freemantle, is at 9.94 ppg. and scored 23 vs. Butler.
• Xavier junior Jack Nunge leads Xavier in scoring (12.3 ppg.) and blocks (1.6 bpg.) and is second in rebounding (7.2 rpg.). He had a career-high five blocks vs. Butler.
• Xavier senior Nate Johnson, who is fourth on the team in scoring at 10.1 ppg., is tied for fifth in the BIG EAST in 3-point field goals at 2.2 per game. He hit 5-7 from 3-point range at Creighton on Jan. 29.
• Xavier senior Paul Scruggs is now 18th on Xavier’s all-time scoring list with 1,510 points and tied for eighth on Xavier’s all-time assist leaders chart with 470.
• Xavier sophomore Colby Jones, who is fourth in the BIG EAST in rebounding (7.9 rpg.), is sixth in the BIG EAST in offensive rebounding (2.7 rpg.).
COURTESY XAVIER ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS