GAME AT A GLANCE
Columbus: G. Nyquist (11), PP – B. Jenner (17), S. Kuraly (7), B. Jenner (18), EN – Kuraly (8)
NY Rangers: A. Panarin (12), B. Goodrow (9), PP – Zibanejad (16)
Columbus: J. Korpisalo (33 saves, W)
NY Rangers: A. Georgiev (14 saves, L)
CBJ TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets snapped their three-game losing streak with tonight’s win over the Rangers.
- Columbus improved to 7-6-1 in the last 14 contests at Nationwide Arena.
- CBJ also improved to 11-7-1 in the last 19 games vs. the Rangers and have points in eight of the last 12 games overall in the series (7-4-1).
- The winning team has posted three-plus goals in 37-of-43 games in the series, including 18 of the last 20.
- With D Zach Werenski’s three assists, CBJ now have 92 points registered by defensemen this season.
- The Blue Jackets have scored three-plus goals in 23 of their contests and four-plus goals in 17 of them (includes SO goals). The club is 15-2-0 when scoring four or more goals in a contest this season.
- The Blue Jackets have earned victories this season with the club coming back at some point in the game in eleven of their 19 wins, including tonight. Trailing 2-0 in the first, it was the third multi-goal comeback victory of the season for the club (Nov. 3 at COL and Nov. 15 vs. DET).
- Columbus concluded its fifth back-to-back set of the campaign tonight (4-6-0, 2-3-0 in 2nd game).
- CBJ killed off two-of-three of the Rangers’ power play attempts tonight. The club has killed off 28-of-31 (90.3%) opponent power play attempts over the last nine games since Jan. 8. Columbus has allowed just two power play goals in the last six home games over that span, killing off 20-of-22 opponent power play chances (90.9%).
- CBJ have won three-straight Thursday games and four of the last five on the day. The club has collected points in eight of its 11 Thursday contests this season (7-3-1).
CBJ PLAYER NOTES
· C Boone Jenner matched his single-game career high with his sixth three-point outing after posting 2-1-3. The last time he recorded three points in a game was Mar. 12, 2019 vs. Boston (3-0-3). He has recorded 7-5-12 in the last 13 contests and leads the team in goals, points and power play goals with 18-12-30 and six PPGs in 41 games.
· D Zach Werenski registered his first three assist game of the season and third of his career (MR: Mar. 12, 2019 vs. BOS). He has picked up 0-4-4 in the last three games (overall 6-19-25 in 39 GP).
· C Sean Kuraly notched his third career two-goal game (MR: Nov. 12, 2021 vs. WSH). He has 3-3-6 in the last nine games (overall 8-8-16 in 41 GP). The eight goals have tied his single-season career-high (2018-19).
· LW Gus Nyquist scored his 11th goal of the campaign and has 7-5-12 with four multi-point outings in the last 14 games (overall 11-11-22 in 41 GP).
· LW Patrik Laine recorded his fourth multi-point game of the season with two assists. He has 2-4-6 in the last nine games and points in 13 of his 22 appearances this campaign (6-11-17).
· C Max Domi recorded an assist, giving him 8-10-18 in 31 games.
· RW Oliver Bjorkstrand tallied his 16th assist of the campaign and has 3-2-5 in the last nine games (overall 12-16-28 in 39 GP).
POST-GAME VIDEO INTERVIEWS
CBJ UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Friday, January 28 No Practice
Saturday, January 29 Practice – 11:30am ET at Nationwide Arena
Sunday, January 30 at Montreal – 7pm ET at Centre Bell
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS