#16/16 Ohio State at Minnesota
Date: January 27, 2022
Time: 8 p.m. ET
Venue: Williams Arena – Minneapolis, Minn.
Listen: Ohio State Radio Network from Learfield
Live Stats: OhioStateBuckeyes.com
Game Notes: Ohio State | Minnesota
Rosters: Ohio State | Minnesota
Season Stats: Ohio State | Minnesota
TICKETS: Single-game and mini plans are available for all remaining men’s basketball games this season. Visit OhioStateBuckeyes.com or call the Ohio State Athletics Ticket Office in the Schottenstein Center at 1-800-GOBUCKS.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State returns to action this week with a pair of road games starting on Thursday night with a trip to Williams Arena to take on Minnesota. This will be the first of two regular season meetings between the teams as they will also meet in Columbus on Feb. 15. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on ESPN as Brian Custer and Jon Crispin will call the action.
- The Buckeyes and Golden Gophers are meeting for the 154th time with the Buckeyes officially leading the all-time series 88-60.
- Minnesota got 27 points from Liam Robbins and won the regular season meeting last year in Minneapolis but OSU got revenge in the Big Ten Tournament as Duane Washington Jr. led five Buckeyes in double-figures with 16 points.
- Ohio State is currently ranked No. 16 in both the AP poll and coaches polls.
- The Buckeyes are a perfect 9-0 at home this season and are the only Big Ten team undefeated at home on the year.
- Ohio State is coming off back-to-back solid defensive performances in wins over Penn State and IUPUI. The 37 points scored by IUPUI is the fewest for a Buckeye opponent since December of 2013 and tied for the fewest for any Chris Holtmann coached team.
- E.J. Liddell comes into the game just 12 points away from 1,000 in his career. He would be the 60th Buckeye to reach the career milestone and the first since Duane Washington Jr. last season.
- Liddell has scored in double figures in all 16 games this season and has a streak of 27 consecutive games of 10 or more points dating back to last season. He is coming off a double-double vs. IUPUI of 13 points and 10 rebounds, marking his third double-double of the year and seventh of his career.
- Liddell is fourth in the conference at 19.4 ppg. The last Buckeye to average 20 points per game was Evan Turner during his national player of the year season in 2009-10.
- Jamari Wheeler has not missed a game in his collegiate career, playing in all 143 of his team’s games.
- Freshman Malaki Branham is the second Buckeye averaging in double figures at 10.0 ppg.
- Eugene Brown III led the Buckeyes with a career-high 14 points in the win over IUPUI last week.
- Head coach Chris Holtmann’s next win will be his 100th as head coach at Ohio State. He has 213 in his 11-plus seasons as a head coach.
COURTESY OSU ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS