GAME AT A GLANCE
Columbus: B. Jenner (13), SH – G. Nyquist (8)
Chicago: A. DeBrincat (22), C. de Haan (1), C. Murphy (3), EN – A. DeBrincat (23)
Columbus: J. Korpisalo (16 saves, L)
Chicago: M. Fleury (24 saves, W)
CBJ TEAM NOTES
- CBJ fell for the seventh-straight game against the Blackhawks at Nationwide Arena dating back to Oct. 20, 2018.
- The road team improved to 10-1-2 in the last 13 meetings since Mar. 31, 2017.
- Columbus scored the first goal for the second consecutive game.
- CBJ allowed a season-low 20 shots on goal (tied, 3-2 OTW on Oct. 16 vs. Seattle).
- The Blue Jackets killed off all four Blackhawks power play chances and have turned aside all seven opponent power play opportunities over the last two games.
- CBJ saw 15 of their 18 skaters record a shot on net.
CBJ PLAYER NOTES
· C Gustav Nyquist recorded a goal and an assist for his third multi-point outing in the last seven games (4-4-8). It was his third shorthanded goal of the campaign, tied for most in the NHL (Florida’s Aleksander Barkov). Nyquist has notched 8-10-18 in 34 contests this season.
· C Boone Jenner scored for the second consecutive game and has 3-1-4 in the last six contests (overall; 14-8-22 in 34 appearances).
· D Zach Werenski collected his 15th assist of the campaign (6-15-21, 32 GP) and has recorded 1-3-4 in his last six games.
· D Adam Boqvist skated in his 100th career NHL game and first against the team that drafted him eighth overall at the 2018 NHL Draft.
· G Joonas Korpisalo made his fourth consecutive start.
POST-GAME VIDEO INTERVIEWS
CBJ UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Wednesday, January 12 Practice – 12pm ET at Nationwide Arena
Thursday, January 13 at Carolina – 7pm ET at PNC Arena
Friday, January 14 Practice – 1pm ET at Panthers Ice Den
COURTESY CBJ COMMUNICATIONS