Ohio State is playing its first game at home since Dec. 11
#13/12 Ohio State vs. Northwestern
Date: January 9, 2021
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Venue: Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
Listen: Ohio State Radio Network from Learfield
Live Stats: OhioStateBuckeyes.com
Game Notes: Ohio State | Northwestern
Rosters: Ohio State | Northwestern
Season Stats: Ohio State | Northwestern
TICKETS: Single-game and mini plans are available for all remaining men’s basketball games this season. Visit OhioStateBuckeyes.com or call the Ohio State Athletics Ticket Office in the Schottenstein Center at 1-800-GOBUCKS.
NOTE: There will be NO concessions sales at Ohio State athletic events. Water will be available. Fans are not allowed to bring food or beverages. Masks are required regardless of vaccination status.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State is looking to bounce back from its first Big Ten loss when it hosts Northwestern on Sunday evening inside Value City Arena at the Schottenstein Center. Brandon Gaudin and Jess Settles will call the action on BTN. Tip-off is set for 5:30 p.m.
- Ohio State has dominated the all-time series with Northwestern 121-48. The Buckeyes are 70-15 vs. the Wildcats in Columbus, including 14-1 in Value City Arena.
- The teams have split the last four meetings, including the two games last season as each team won on its home floor. Prior to that, the Buckeyes won 31 of 33 meetings dating back to 1999.
- The Buckeyes are coming off a 67-51 setback at Indiana on Thursday night, which was their first loss in 43 days. OSU enters the game at 9-3 overall and 3-1 in conference play.
- Sunday’s contest will also be the first game at home for the Buckeyes since beating No. 22 Wisconsin on Dec. 11, a span of 29 days.
- Northwestern enters the game at 8-4 overall and 1-2 in the conference. The Wildcats beat Maryland in their lone Big Ten game in December but has lost their last two contests to Michigan State and Penn State. Pete Nance leads the team in scoring and rebounding at 15.9 ppg and 7.3 rpg.
- Freshman Malaki Branham has led the team in scoring each of the last two games. He scored a season-high 35 points in the win at Nebraska on 6-of-10 from long range. That earned him Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors. He then scored a team-high 13 points in the win at Indiana. Those two games were two of his three games this season in double-figures.
- E.J. Liddell has scored in double-figures in all 12 games this season and has scored in double-figures in the last 23 games dating back to Feb. 8 of last season. He is fifth in the conference in scoring at 18.9 ppg and in the Top 15 nationally at 3.0 blocks per game.
- Jamari Wheeler has dished-out five or more assists in seven games this season. He is sixth in the conference at 4.2 assists per game.
- Zed Key pulled-down a career-high 14 rebounds against Nebraska and also nabbed a career-high two steals vs. Indiana on Thursday.
- Joey Brunk scored a season-high six points in his first game back at Indiana. Brunk spent the last two years in the Indiana program and played all 32 games for the Hoosiers in 2019-20.
The People. The Tradition. The Excellence.
COURTESY OSU ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS