GAME AT A GLANCE
Columbus: D. Kukan (1), G. Nyquist (7)
Tampa Bay: PP – O. Palat (11), O. Palat (12), PP – C. Perry (9), B. Point (11), PP – P. Maroon (7), P. Bellemare (4), A. Killorn (10)
Columbus: J. Korpisalo (29 saves, L)
Tampa Bay: A. Vasilevskiy (20 saves, W)
CBJ TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets fell for the second-straight game with tonight’s loss.
- Columbus lost for just the fifth time in regulation at home this season and moved to 5-2-1 in its past eight contests at Nationwide Arena.
- CBJ played in their first Tuesday home game this season, having played their first four Tuesday games on the road.
- Tampa Bay has won the last four meetings in the series (CBJ: 0-3-1).
- The winning team has scored three-plus goals in 14 of the last 15 games in the series, including nine-straight meetings.
- With Kukan’s goal and assists by three different defensemen in today’s game, CBJ ranks fourth in the NHL in goals with 22 and seventh in the NHL in points (78) by defensemen.
CBJ PLAYER NOTES
· D Dean Kukan scored his first goal of the season in his first game back since suffering a wrist fracture on Oct. 25 vs. Dallas.
· C Gus Nyquist recorded his second-straight multi-point game with a goal and an assist (2-2-4, overall 7-8-15 in 31 GP).
· D Adam Boqvist registered an assist giving him points in three straight games (1-2-3). He has 6-5-11 in his last 12 games played since Nov. 24 (overall 7-5-12 in 21 GP).
· D Andrew Peeke tallied his seventh assist of the season (1-7-8 in 31 GP).
· D Vladislav Gavrikov recorded his 13th assist of the campaign with the helper on Nyquist’s goal and ranks fourth on the club in assists (2-13-15 in 31 GP).
· G Joonas Korpisalo played in his first game since December 16 vs. Edmonton.
POST-GAME VIDEO INTERVIEWS
CBJ UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Wednesday, January 5 Practice – 12pm ET at Nationwide Arena
Thursday, January 6 @ New Jersey – 7pm ET at Prudential Center
Friday, January 7 Practice – 12pm ET at Nationwide Arena
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS