All-Stars to compete in the new Best Catch and Fastest Man events, and more
Event airs Thursday, February 3 at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN
For the fifth time, Pro Bowlers from the AFC and NFC will compete against each other in unique competitions at the PRO BOWL SKILLS SHOWDOWN, a made for television event, which airs on Thursday, February 3, at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN.
New this year, the Pro Bowlers will compete in Best Catch and Fastest Man events.
The Skills Showdown is one of the many events occurring during PRO BOWL WEEK, culminating with the 2022 Pro Bowl presented by Verizon on Sunday, February 6, at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas. Tickets to the game, which kicks off at 3:00 PM ET and will be televised live on ESPN, ESPN Deportes and simulcast on ABC, are on sale now at ProBowl.com.
Taking place at the Las Vegas Ballpark, the Skills Showdown will be produced by ESPN and A. Smith & Co. Productions, producers of shows such as American Ninja Warrior, Hell’s Kitchen and The Titan Games.
Competitions at the Skills Showdown include:
- Precision Passing: Each conference’s two quarterbacks and one non-quarterback will battle it out in a one-minute accuracy competition, as they attempt to hit as many targets as possible. New in 2022, the targets are attached to robotic dummies that are in motion across the event. After the buzzer sounds, the quarterbacks will get one last long-distance throw to earn bonus points.
- Thread the Needle: A one-minute head-to-head offense vs. defense accuracy challenge, as each conference’s quarterbacks try to hit as many targets as possible while the opposing team’s defensive backs work together to limit their success rate.
- Best Catch: New this year, two wide receivers from each conference will compete in a scored best catch competition, showing off their creativity, ingenuity and talent. From the use of props to guest appearances, the players can be as imaginative as they want to produce their best highlight reel receptions for a panel of celebrity judges.
- Fastest Man: An old-fashioned 40-yard sprint, two skill position players (wide receivers, running backs and defensive backs) from each team will compete for the title as the NFL’s fastest player.
- Epic Pro Bowl Dodgeball: In the grand finale, Pro Bowlers will compete in a classic game of dodgeball, with every member of each team participating. In a best of three series, the team with the last person on the court wins.
Fans are encouraged to join the conversation surrounding the Pro Bowl Skills Showdown on social media using the hashtag #ProBowlSkills. More details around how fans can get involved with Pro Bowl Week festivities will be announced at a later date. Visit ProBowl.com for the latest event details and to purchase tickets, which will allow fans special benefits on gameday, including access to the Pro Bowl Red Carpet and other family friendly activities.