GAME AT A GLANCE
Columbus: A. Boqvist (5), S. Kuraly (4), C. Sillinger (5), J. Roslovic (4), A. Boqvist (6), EN – A. Texier (8)
San Jose: N. Bonino (4), E. Karlsson (6), B. Burns (2), T. Hertl (9)
Columbus: E. Merzlikins (30 saves, W)
San Jose: A. Hill (24 saves, L)
CBJ TEAM NOTES
- The club snapped a season-long four-game losing streak and improved to 13-10-0 on the campaign with the victory.
- Columbus improved to 9-3-0 at home this season, including picking up wins in each of the last four home contests. The nine wins and 18 points are the most through the first 12 home games of a season in club history.
- CBJ have scored three-plus goals in 15 of their contests and four-plus goals in ten of them.
- The Blue Jackets have earned their victories this season with the club coming back at some point in the game in nine of their 13 wins, including tonight.
- Tonight marks the first time this season and the 18th time in franchise history that the Blue Jackets were not whistled for a penalty (MR: Mar. 13, 2021 vs. DAL). The team has killed off all opponent power play attempts in 13 of the last 16 games since Oct. 31, killing off 35-of-39 attempts (89.7).
- CBJ are 11-7-1 in last 19 games overall vs. San Jose since Feb. 21, 2012. The winning team has scored three or more goals in 19 of the last 20 meetings, including 11-straight.
- CBJ rank third in goals (18; trailing COL-23 and ANA-19) and fifth-T in the NHL in points (61) by defensemen after recording two goals and five points tonight.
- The Blue Jackets completed their third of 16 back-to-back sets tonight (2-4-0; 1-1-0 in 2nd GP).
- The club is in the middle of a stretch of 13-of-16 games played against Western Conference teams from 11/18-12/18 (9-4-0 vs. conference this season, including tonight’s win).
CBJ PLAYER NOTES
· D Adam Boqvist notched his second two-goal game of the season and his career (11/27 at STL) and has 5-3-8 in his last seven games.
· RW Justin Danforth tallied an assist for his second straight game (1-2-3 in 7 GP overall).
· D Andrew Peeke notched his first career multi-point game with two assists and finished with a career-high 23:16 of ice time.
· C Sean Kuraly scored a goal and recorded three hits. He leads the club in hits (60) and has a hit in 21-of-23 games.
· C Jack Roslovic scored his fourth goal of the season and has 4-2-6 in his last nine outings.
· C Cole Sillinger scored his fifth goal of the season (5-5-10 in 23 GP).
· C Alexandre Texier notched his first multi-point game of the season with 1-1-2 and has 6-4-10 in the past 14 games (8-4-12 in 23 GP).
· RW Jakub Voracek recorded his team-leading 18th assist of the campaign and has points in seven-straight home games (1-6-7).
· C Gus Nyquist registered his sixth assist of the campaign and has 2-5-7 the last 11 outings (4-6-10 in 23 GP).
· LW Eric Robinson tallied an assist and has points in six of the last eight home games (1-5-6, overall 3-5-8 in 23 GP).
· C Max Domi recorded his seventh assist of the campaign and has points in three consecutive home games (1-2-3, overall 3-7-10 in 13 outings.)
· D Gabriel Carlsson tallied his second assist of the season (1-2-3 in 8 GP).
POST-GAME VIDEO INTERVIEWS
CBJ UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Monday, December 6 No Practice
Tuesday, December 7 at Toronto – 7pm ET at Scotiabank Arena
Wednesday, December 8 No Practice
COURTESY CBJ COMMUNICATIONS