GAME AT A GLANCE
Columbus: PP – Voracek (1), E. Robinson (2), A. Texier (4)
NY Rangers: A. Panarin (3), C. Kreider (10), A. Panarin (4), J. Trouba (1), PP – C. Kreider (11)
Columbus: E. Merzlikins (36 saves, L)
NY Rangers: I. Shesterkin (31 saves, 53:15 W); A. Georgiev (2 saves, 6:24)
CBJ TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets fell for the second-straight game with tonight’s loss. It’s the first time the club has lost consecutive outings this season.
- The Jackets concluded their first of 16 back-to-back sets tonight against the Rangers. The club’s next back-to-back set is Nov. 26 vs. Vancouver and Nov. 27 at St. Louis.
- Columbus fell to 1-2-0 on its current four-game homestand. The team concludes the homestand on Monday vs. Detroit.
- CBJ moved to 10-7-1 in the last 18 games overall vs. the NY Rangers.
- The winning team in the series has posted 3+ goals in 37-of-41 games, including 17 of the last 19.
- CBJ allowed five Rangers goals at home for the third time in the series history (MR: 1/13/19).
- CBJ killed off one-of-two Rangers’ power plays tonight and allowed a power play goal for the first time in five games. The team had killed off all 11 opponent power play attempts in the last four contests.
CBJ PLAYER NOTES
· RW Jakub Voracek stretched his point streak to five-straight games (1-6-7) with his first goal of the season. He leads the club in assists with 1-11-12 in 12 games.
· RW Oliver Bjorkstrand recorded his tenth assist of the campaign and now has points in five-straight games (2-4-6), one game shy of his career best. He leads the club in points and ranks second in goals and assists with 5-10-15 in 12 outings.
· C Cole Sillinger registered an assist, giving him 3-2-5 in the past four games (4-3-7 overall in 12 GP).
· LW Eric Robinson scored his second goal of the campaign to give him points in a career high three consecutive games (1-2-3, overall 2-3-5 in 12 GP).
· D Jake Bean registered his first assist of the season on Robinson’s goal and now has 2-1-3 in the past four appearances.
· D Zach Werenski tallied his fifth assist of the campaign. He leads CBJ blueliners in points and ranks second in assists and goals with 2-5-7 in 12 games.
· C Alexandre Texier scored his fourth goal of the season and now has points in three-straight games (2-1-3). Its tied for the longest point streak of his career (fourth time; MR: Apr. 6-10, 2021)..
· D Vladislav Gavrikov tallied his sixth assist of the campaign, giving him three assists in the last three games (0-3-3). He leads CBJ defensemen in assists with 0-6-6 in 11 GP.
· D Gavin Bayreuther notched his first point of the season and first career helper with the Blue Jackets with the secondary assist on Texier’s third period goal.
POST-GAME VIDEO INTERVIEWS
CBJ UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Sunday, November 14 Day Off
Monday, November 15 vs. Detroit – 7pm ET at Nationwide Arena
Tuesday, November 16 Practice – 12pm ET at Nationwide Arena
COURTESY CBJ COMMUNICATIONS