FROM WIKIPEDIA COMMONS
George Alexander Trebek OC (/trəˈbɛk/; July 22, 1940 – November 8, 2020) was a Canadian-American game show host and television personality. He hosted the syndicated general knowledge quiz game show Jeopardy! for 37 seasons from its revival in 1984 until his death in 2020. Trebek also hosted a number of other game shows, including The Wizard of Odds, Double Dare, High Rollers, Battlestars, Classic Concentration, and To Tell the Truth. He also made appearances, usually as himself, in numerous films and television series.
A native of Canada, Trebek became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 1998. He received the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game Show Host eight times for his work on Jeopardy! He died on November 8, 2020 at age 80, after a 20-month battle with stage IV pancreatic cancer. Trebek had been contracted to host Jeopardy! until 2022.
- 1960: JOHN F. KENNEDY BECAME THE FIRST CATHOLIC TO BE ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.
- 1962: THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT WAS ORDERED TO CHANGE THE 12-SIDED NICKEL BACK TO A ROUND SHAPE
- BORN 1966: GORDON RAMSAY (CHEF)
- BORN 1967: COURTNEY THORNE-SMITH (ACTRESS)
- BORN 1968: PARKER POSEY (ACTRESS)