FROM WIKIPEDIA COMMONS
Angeline Dickinson (née Brown; born September 30, 1931) is an American actress. She began her career on television, appearing in many anthology series during the 1950s, before gaining her breakthrough role in Gun the Man Down (1956) with James Arness and the Western film Rio Bravo (1959), for which she received the Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year.
In her six decade career, Dickinson has appeared in more than 50 films, including China Gate (1957), Ocean’s 11 (1960), The Sins of Rachel Cade (1961), Jessica (1962), Captain Newman, M.D. (1963), The Killers (1964), The Art of Love (1965), The Chase (1966), Point Blank (1967), Pretty Maids All in a Row (1971), The Outside Man (1972) and Big Bad Mama (1974).
From 1974 to 1978, Dickinson starred as Sergeant Suzanne “Pepper” Anderson in the NBC crime series Police Woman, for which she received the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Drama and three Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series nominations. As lead actress, she starred in Brian De Palma‘s erotic crime thriller Dressed to Kill (1980), for which she received a Saturn Award for Best Actress.
During her later career, Dickinson starred in several television movies and miniseries, also playing supporting roles in films such as Even Cowgirls Get the Blues (1994), Sabrina (1995), Pay It Forward (2000) and Big Bad Love (2001).
- BORN 1931: ANGIE DICKINSON (ACTRESS)
- 1935: PORGY AND BESS BY GEORGE GERSHWIN OPENED AT THE COLONIAL THEATER IN BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS
- BORN 1935: Z. Z. HILL (BLUES MUSICIAN)
- BORN 1935: JOHNNY MATHIS (SINGER)
- 1954: U.S. NAVY’S FIRST NUCLEAR SUBMARINE, USS NAUTILUS, IS COMMISSIONED AT GROTON, CONNECTICUT
- DIED 1955: JAMES DEAN (ACTOR)
- BORN 1957: FRAN DRESCHER (ACTRESS)
- 1960: THE FLINTSTONES MADE ITS TELEVISION DEBUT
- BORN 1961: ERIC STOLTZ (ACTOR)
- BORN 1968: MONICA BELLUCI (ACTRESS)
- BORN 1980: MARTINA HINGIS (TENNIS PLAYER)
- BORN 1981: DOMINIQUE MOCEANU (AMERICAN GYMNAST)
- BORN 1982: LACEY CHABERT (ACTRESS)
- 1982: CHEERS, THE PLACE WHERE EVERYONE KNOWS YOUR NAME, DEBUTED ON TELEVISION
- BORN 1982: KIERAN CULKIN (ACTOR)
- 1988: JOHN LENNON WAS HONORED WITH A STAR ON THE HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME
Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info particularly the last part 🙂 I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this particular info for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.
Comments are closed.