or games played in Week 2 (September 16, 19-20).
OFFENSE: RB DERRICK HENRY, TENNESSEE TITANS
- Henry totaled 237 scrimmage yards (182 rushing on 35 attempts, 55 receiving on six catches) and three rushing touchdowns in Tennessee’s comeback overtime victory at Seattle. It marked the most scrimmage yards by a player in a game this season.
- This is the fifth-career Offensive Player of the Week award for Henry:
- 2018: Week 14
- 2019: Week 17
- 2020: Weeks 6, 17
- 2021: Week 2
- Henry now has the most Player of the Week Awards ever by a Titans player, breaking a tie with running back Chris Johnson and quarterbacks Marcus Mariota and Steve McNair, who each won four times.
DEFENSE: LB ODAFE OWEH, BALTIMORE RAVENS
- Oweh recorded three tackles, including a tackle for loss which forced a fumble that he also recovered in the final minutes of Sunday Night Football to help seal Baltimore’s victory over Kansas City.
- He becomes the fourth Baltimore rookie to win Defensive Player of the Week, joining linebacker Patrick Queen (Week 5, 2020), safety Chad Williams (Week 13, 2002) and Pro Football Hall of Fame linebacker Ray Lewis (Week 1, 1996).
- Oweh becomes the sixth former Penn State linebacker to win Defensive Player of the Week and joins Sean Lee (Week 13, 2010) as the only rookies to do so.
SPECIAL TEAMS: K DANIEL CARLSON, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS
- Carlson converted all four of his field goal attempts (46, 33, 41 and 45 yards) and both of his extra points in Las Vegas’ Week 2 victory in Pittsburgh.
- This is the third-career Special Teams Player of the Week award for Carlson:
- 2018: Week 11
- 2020: Week 1
- 2021: Week 2
- Carlson becomes the third Raiders kicker to earn the honor three times, joining Jeff Jaeger (three-time winner) and Sebastian Janikowski (seven-time winner).
COURTESY NFL media.com