Postgame Notes – Ohio State vs. Oregon // Sept. 11, 2021 // Ohio Stadium
- The Buckeyes had three receivers with more than 100 yards for the first time in school history. Chris Olave had 12 catches for 126 yards, Garrett Wilson had eight catches for 117 yards and Jaxson Smith-Njigba had seven catches for 145 yards.
- Quarterback C.J. Stroud threw for 484 yards which is the second-most yards in a single game in school history. He completed 35-of-54 passes and had three touchdowns. Dwayne Haskins holds the single-game record with 499 yards vs. Northwestern in the 2018 Big Ten Championship Game.
- Senior wide receiver Chris Olave’s 12 receptions were a career high, topping his 10 catches vs. Michigan State last season.
- Jaxson Smith-Njigba came into the game with a career single-game high of two catches and finished the day with seven catches for a personal-best 145 yards and two touchdowns.
- Miyan Williams had 77 yards rushing and a career-high three receptions for 38 yards.
- The Buckeyes had 612 yards of total offense which is the most in a loss in school history.
- Defensively, Ronnie Hickman followed his career high of 11 tackles last week with 10 tackles this week.
- Senior Teradja Mitchell had a career-high and team-best 11 tackles in the game.
- The last Ohio State regular season loss was to Oklahoma in 2017. The loss to Oregon also snapped a 23-game home winning streak which was the third-longest active home winning streak in the country.
- The game marked the first time in 657 days that a full crowd saw a game at Ohio Stadium. The game’s attendance was 100,482.
COURTESY OHIO STATE ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS