One of the original 12 Apostles, St. Bartholomew is commemorated on August 24. In England, many fairs were held on this day, including the famous St. Bartholomew Fair in Smithfield. Eventually, the saint’s feast day appeared in weather lore, such as “At St. Bartholomew, there comes cold dew,” or “As Bartholomew’s Day, so the whole autumn.” After this date, thunderstorms were said to be more violent.
- BORN 1960: CAL RIPKEN JR. (BASEBALL PLAYER)
- BORN 1965: REGGIE MILLER (BASKETBALL PLAYER)
- BORN 1965: MARLEE MATLIN (ACTRESS)
- BORN 1981: CHAD MICHAEL MURRAY (ACTOR)
- 1981: MARK DAVID CHAPMAN SENTENCED TO 20 YEARS TO LIFE IN PRISON FOR THE MURDER OF JOHN LENNON
- BORN 1988: RUPERT GRINT (ACTOR)
- 2000: FOR THE FINAL EPISODE OF CBS’S FIRST SURVIVOR PROGRAM, APPROXIMATELY 51 MILLION PEOPLE (41% OF AMERICA’S VIEWING PUBLIC) WATCHED RICHARD HATCH WIN THE $1 MILLION PRIZE
- 2003: JULIE KRONE BECAME THE FIRST FEMALE JOCKEY TO WIN A MILLION-DOLLAR RACE IN THE U.S. WHEN SHE FINISHED FIRST IN THE PACIFIC CLASSIC IN DEL MAR, CA, MOUNTED ATOP HER HORSE CANDY RIDE
- DIED 2014: RICHARD ATTENBOROUGH (ACTOR)
- 2017: GPS NAVIGATION SIGNALS OFF BY UP TO 3 FEET FOR 3 HOURS DUE TO ROCKET-MADE IONOSPHERIC HOLE
Great write-up, I am regular visitor of one’s website, maintain up the nice operate, and It is going to be a regular visitor for a long time.
Comments are closed.