FROM WIKIPEDIA COMMONS
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (commonly known as Warner Bros. and abbreviated as WB) is an American diversified multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate headquartered at the Warner Bros. Studios complex in Burbank, California, and a subsidiary of AT&T‘s WarnerMedia through its Studios & Networks division. Founded in 1923 by four brothers Harry, Albert, Sam, and Jack Warner, the company established itself as a leader in the American film industry before diversifying into animation, television, and video games, and is one of the “Big Five” major American film studios, as well as a member of the Motion Picture Association (MPA).
The company is known for its film studio division, the Warner Bros. Pictures Group, which includes Warner Bros. Pictures, New Line Cinema, the Warner Animation Group, Castle Rock Entertainment, and DC Films. Among its other assets include the television production company Warner Bros. Television Studios; animation studios Warner Bros. Animation and Cartoon Network Studios; comic book publisher DC Comics; video game development and publishing arm Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment; cable television channels Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and Turner Classic Movies; and a 50% interest in broadcast television network The CW, which is co-owned with ViacomCBS. Warner Bros. also operates various divisions specializing in publishing, merchandising, music, theater; and theme parks. Bugs Bunny, a cartoon character created as part of the Looney Tunes series, appears to be the company’s official mascot.
HISTORICAL EVENTS FOR AUGUST 2
- 1873: IN SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA, AT FOUR O’CLOCK IN THE MORNING, ANDREW SMITH HALLIDIE SUCCESSFULLY TESTED THE WORLD’S FIRST CABLE CAR
- DIED 1876: WILD BILL HICKOK (FRONTIERSMAN)
- 1886: THE OLEOMARGARINE ACT ESTABLISHED THE BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO AND FIREARMS (ATF) LABORATORY SYSTEM
- DIED 1922: ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL (INVENTOR)
- DIED 1923: WARREN G. HARDING (29TH U.S. PRESIDENT)
- BORN 1924: JAMES BALDWIN (AUTHOR)
- BORN 1924: CAROLL O’CONNOR (ACTOR)
- BORN 1932: PETER O’TOOLE (ACTOR)
- 1934: ADOLF HITLER APPOINTED HIMSELF DICTATOR OF GERMANY
- 1939: ALBERT EINSTEIN WROTE A LETTER TO PRESIDENT FDR EXPLAINING THE POSSIBILITY OF AN ATOMIC BOMB, THUS MARKING THE BEGINNING OF ATOMIC WEAPONRY
- 1990: IRAQ INVADED KUWAIT
- 1991: VIKING SHIP REPLICA GAIA ARRIVED AT L’ANSE AUX MEADOWS, NEWFOUNDLAND
- BORN 1992: HALLIE KATE EISENBERG (ACTRESS)
- DIED 1998: SHARI LEWIS (ACTRESS AND PUPPETEER, BEST KNOWN FOR LAMB CHOP)
- 2010: YASMIN FUDAKOWSKA-GOW BEGAN 32-HOUR YOGA MARATHON IN QUEBEC
- DIED 2018: FRANCIS “FRANK” GOUIN (PLANT PHYSIOLOGIST)
Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group? There’s a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Cheers
Comments are closed.