FROM WIKIPEDIA COMMONS
Robinson scouted for the Detroit Pistons for 28 years, and worked 22 years for the Detroit Lions as a part-time scout. Robinson, who is a member of seven athletic halls of fame, was also the first black high school coach in Michigan, winning two state championships in basketball.
In 1970 Robinson was hired as the head coach at Illinois State University, making him the first black head coach in NCAA Division I basketball. He compiled a record of 78-51 from 1970–75. His best player during that time was Doug Collins, the school’s only consensus All-American and the #1 pick in the 1973 NBA Draft. In 2003 Robinson received a lifetime achievement award from the Missouri Valley Conference.
- BORN 1908: OSKAR SCHINDLER (BUSINESSMAN)
- BORN 1909: ETHEL CATHERWOOD (1928 OLYMPIC GOLD-MEDAL WINNER FOR HIGH JUMP)
- BORN 1941: ANN-MARGRET (ACTRESS)
- DIED 1945: BENITO MUSSOLINI (ITALIAN DICTATOR)
- 1947: A SIX-MAN EXPEDITION, LED BY THOR HEYERDAHL, SAILED FROM PERU ABOARD A BALSA-WOOD RAFT NAMED KON-TIKI ON A 101 DAY JOURNEY THAT WOULD TAKE THEM ACROSS THE PACIFIC OCEAN TO POLYNESIA
- BORN 1949: PAUL GUILFOYLE (ACTOR)
- 1968: AT AGE 98, WALTER SITCH OF HALIFAX, NS, BECAME A GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GRANDFATHER
- 1969: CHARLES DE GAULLE, PRESIDENT OF FRANCE, RESIGNED
- DIED 2000: PENELOPE FITZGERALD (WRITER)
- 2001: THE SOYUZ-TM 32 LAUNCHED, CARRYING THE WORLD’S FIRST SPACE TOURIST, DENNIS TITO, TO THE INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION
- DIED 2002: ALEXANDER LEBED (GENERAL)
- 2007: ASHES OF ACTOR JAMES DOOHAN, WHO PORTRAYED ENGINEER “SCOTTY” ON STAR TREK, AND OF APOLLO 7 ASTRONAUT GORDON COOPER SOARED INTO SPACE ABOARD A ROCKET
- DIED 2007: DABBS GREER (ACTOR)
- DIED 2008: WILL ROBINSON (FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN BASKETBALL COACH AT A DIVISION I SCHOOL)
- DIED 2016: MEL BARTHOLOMEW (CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER AND GARDENER KNOWN FOR HIS SQUARE FOOT GARDENING METHOD)
- 2017: SIX ENDANGERED RED WOLF PUPS WERE BORN AT THE MUSEUM OF LIFE AND SCIENCE IN DURHAM, NORTH CAROLINA
F*ckin¦ remarkable issues here. I am very satisfied to see your article. Thanks so much and i am having a look forward to contact you. Will you please drop me a mail?
Comments are closed.