FRIDAY, MARCH 5, 2021
Who: #12/13 Arkansas Razorbacks (20-5, 12-4 SEC) at Texas A&M (8-8, 2-7 SEC)
What: This is the regular-season finale for both programs before heading to the SEC Tournament next week.
When: Saturday – Mar. 5 – 4:00 pm (CT)
Where: Fayetteville, Ark. – Bud Walton Arena / Nolan Richardson Court
How (to follow):
– TV: SEC Network (Dave Neal and Jon Sunvold)
^ Watch SEC/ESPN Online: CLICK HERE
– Radio: Learfield IMG College Razorback Sports Network (Chuck Barrett and Matt Zimmerman)
^ Listen to Razorback Sports Network Online: CLICK HERE
– Sirius/XM: XM Channel 191 – Sirius Channel 135 – Streaming Online on Channel 962
– Live Stats: www.Arkansas.StatBroadcast.com
– Texas A&M Game Notes: CLICK HERE
– SEC Standings / Stats / Notes: CLICK HERE
FAYETTEVILLE – The #12/13 Arkansas Razorbacks play their final regular-season game of the year on Saturday (Mar. 6) against the Texas A&M Aggies. Tipoff is set for 4:00 pm (CT) and the game will be televised on SEC Network.
• This will be the 161st meeting between Arkansas and Texas A&M. The Razorbacks own a 103-57 advantage in the series and the series is tied, 38-38, in games played at A&M. The Hogs have a slight 8-6 advantage in games since A&M joined the SEC for the 2012-13 season.
• Texas A&M is one of six teams that Arkansas has played over 100 times and one of three teams the Razorbacks have at least 100 wins against.
• The Aggies are the Razorbacks’ most common opponent with 160 games played in the series. The teams met in Arkansas’ first season of basketball (1923-24) until 1990-91. The teams met once in 2010 in Dallas then the series resumed when A&M joined the SEC in 2012-13.
• After a 28-point road win at South Carolina, Arkansas climbed seven spots to 12th —the program’s highest ever NCAA NET Rankings.
• Arkansas has clinched a double bye for the SEC Tournament and the #2 seed, meaning the Razorbacks will not play until the quarterfinals on Friday – Mar. 12 – at 6 pm.
• Arkansas’ 12 wins are the most since the 2016-17 Hogs won 12 (12-6).
• The second-place regular-season finish is the program’s best since finishing 2nd in 2014-15.
• Arkansas has won 20 games for the second straight season and Coach Musselman has won at least 20 games in each of his six seasons as a collegiate head coach.
• Not only was Arkansas 6-0 in the month of February, the Razorbacks tallied five Quad 1 wins in the month vs Alabama, at Missouri, vs Florida, vs LSU and at Kentucky.
• Arkansas has won 10-straight SEC games, its best since winning 11 straight SEC games to close the 1993-94 season. Overall, Arkansas won 13 straight during that stretch with a regular-season win over Montevallo mixed in the SEC games and an SEC tourney win over Georgia. The Hogs won 11-straight Southwest Conference games in the 1990-91, 1989-90 and 1980-81 seasons. Arkansas was a perfect 16-0 in the SWC in 1976-77 as part of an 18-game overall league win streak (final SWC game of 1975-76, all 16 SWC games in 1976-77 and first two SWC games in 1977-78).
For more information on Arkansas Men’s Basketball, follow @RazorbackMBB on Twitter.
COURTESY ARKANSAS ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS