1st half: Dayton 38, George Mason 29
- Dayton shot 63 percent (15-of-24) in the first half, including 58 percent (7-of-12) from three-point range.
- There were two ties and two lead changes in the first 6:30 of the half, however the Flyers only trailed for 20 of those seconds.
- UD used an 8-0 run over 2:30 with the help of back-to-back Watson treys to give UD an 18-10 lead with 10:13 to play in the half. That was part of a 17-2 run over 6:12 to give the Flyers a 27-12 lead at 5:55. This stretch included a four-minute scoring drought and six GMU turnovers.
- The Flyers led by as many as 18 in the first half. With 4:23 left in the half, Amzil hit a three to give UD a 32-14 advantage.
- Crutcher led all scorers at the half with 14 points. He was a perfect 6-of-6 from the field, including 2-of-2 from behind the arc. He also had three assists and three rebounds in the opening 20 minutes.
- Amzil added 10 points, while Watson had nine points and four rebounds in the first half.
2nd half: Dayton 74, George Mason 65
- After a Crutcher layup on UD’s first possession of the second half, the Patriots answered with a 13-0 run to take a 42-41 lead at the 16:29 mark. During that stretch the Flyers went 0-for-5 while the Patriots were 5-of-5 from the field.
- Nwokeji hit a three at 15:10 to tie the game at 44-44 and end the GMU run.
- At the 4:22 mark, a three-pointer by Amzil from Crutcher gave UD a 61-59 lead, allowing the Flyers to regain it for the first time since the 12:39 mark of the second half.
- Crutcher scored two on a driving layup as the shot clock was expiring to give the Flyers a 67-63 lead with 1:23 remaining in regulation.
- Watson had a dunk, with the assist coming from Nwokeji, with 39 seconds left in the game that gave UD a 69-65 lead. On the next George Mason possession, Amzil came up with a steal.
COURTESY DAYTON MEDIA RELATIONS