NOV. 20, 2022 II NATIONWIDE ARENA II vs. FLORIDA PANTHERS
TV: Bally Sports Ohio Jeff Rimer (play-by-play), Jody Shelley (analyst), Dave Maetzold (reporter)
Radio: 97.1 The FAn Bob McElligott (play-by-play), Dylan Tyrer (host)
« Columbus is 25-15-4 in 44 all-time meetings vs. Florida, including 15-4-3 at home.
« The Panthers won two of the three meetings in the 2021-22 series, including an 8-3 victory at Nationwide Arena on Jan. 31, 2022.
« CBJ snapped an eight-game losing streak to the Panthers (0-7-1) in the club’s most recent contest, a 6-3 win on Feb. 24, 2022 at Florida.
« The winning team has scored four or more goals in eight of the last nine games of the series.
« The Blue Jackets are 0-2-1 in the last three home games after earning points in 15 consecutive contests at Nationwide Arena from Dec. 9, 2009-Jan. 28, 2021 (13-0-2).
« Columbus owns three of the seven shutouts in the all-time series with Florida’s Chris Driedger registering the most recent one with 32 saves in a 3-0 win on Apr. 4, 2021 at Florida.
« Each team has recorded two hat tricks in the all-time series with the Panthers notching the two most recent ones, including three goals by Sam Reinhart in an 8-4 win over CBJ on Jan. 31, 2022.
« Nov. 20, 2022 – at COLUMBUS (6 p.m. ET)
« Dec. 13, 2022 – at Florida (7 p.m. ET)
« Apr. 1, 2023 – at COLUMBUS (7 p.m. ET)
Player Notables vs. Florida
« LW Johnny Gaudreau – 5-9-14 in 14 career GP, including points in three-straight games played (2-5-7) and five of his last six appearances (2-7-9)
« C Boone Jenner – 10-8-18 in 29 career GP, including goals in two of his last three contests vs. the club
« LW Gustav Nyquist – 11-8-19 in 32 career GP, including 2-3-5 with two multi-point efforts in his last five games
BLUE JACKETS TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets had their four-game overall points streak (3-0-1) and three-game home win streak snapped with the 6-1 loss to Detroit on Saturday.
- Sunday’s contest continues a season-high six-game homestand for the Blue Jackets from November 15-25 (2-1-0). It’s part of a stretch of eight-of-10 games played at Nationwide Arena from November 10-28.
- Thursday’s game kicked off a stretch of five consecutive games against Atlantic Division teams from November 17-25.
- CBJ failed to score the first goal for the first time in five games on Saturday.
- Columbus scored a season-high six goals while a season-high 12 skaters recorded points in Thursday’s win over Montreal.
- CBJ blueliners, who combined for 0-4-4 in Thursday’s win, have collected 7-16-23 in the last 11 outings and 11-22-33 in 17 games this season (fifth-T in NHL in goals).
- The Blue Jackets have had 20 different players score a goal this season, which is tied for the most in the NHL (Boston).
- Columbus’ rookies have combined for 6-11-17 in 17 games in 2022-23, ranking third-T among NHL team rookies in goals and fifth in points.
- The Jackets conclude their fourth of 16 back-to-back sets this season vs. Florida on Sunday. It’s also the first of two back-to-back sets played exclusively at Nationwide Arena (Apr. 1 vs. Florida/Apr. 2 vs. Ottawa).
- CBJ play the third of 10 Sunday games, having split their first two contests, a 5-1 win at NY Rangers on Oct. 23 and 7-1 loss at New Jersey on Oct. 30.
BLUE JACKETS PLAYER NOTES
- RW Yegor Chinakhov had his career-best three-game assist/point streak (0-3-3) snapped on Saturday. He has already tied his single season career high in assists with 2-7-9 in 17 outings this season (7-7-14 in 62 games in 2021-22).
- LW Johnny Gaudreau who recorded an assist in his third-straight game on Saturday, now has 1-6-7 in the last seven contests and leads the club with 6-9-15 in 17 contests this season.
- D Erik Gudbranson tallied two assists on Thursday for his first multi-point game as a Blue Jacket as well as his third career multi-assist and seventh career multi-point effort.
- C Boone Jenner registered an assist on Saturday to stretch his points streak to three consecutive contests (3-2-5) and five consecutive home outings (6-2-8). He collected multiple points in three-straight contests at Nationwide Arena from November 10-17. He currently ranks sixth-T in the NHL in goals scored at home with 7-5-12 in 11 contests.
- C Kent Johnson, who collected an assist on Thursday, ranks fourth among NHL rookies in goals (tied) and points-per-game (min. 5 GP) and fifth-T in points with 3-5-8 in 15 contests (.57 ppg).
- G Joonas Korpisalo had his four-game points streak (3-0-1) snapped in Saturday’s loss to Detroit.
- C Sean Kuraly tied his single-game career high in goals (fourth time) and points (third time) with a 2-1-3 outing against Montreal on Thursday. He has goals in three of the past five outings (4-1-5).
- C Cole Sillinger saw his career-best three-game points streak (2-1-3) snapped on Saturday.
BLUE JACKETS MILESTONES
- HC Brad Larsen is one game from 100 for his NHL career.
- D Erik Gudbranson is one point from 100 for his NHL career (27-72-99, 657 GP).
- C Boone Jenner is three points from 300 for his NHL career (151-146-297, 606 GP).
- C Sean Kuraly is eight games from 100 for his CBJ career (19-19-38, 92 GP).
- C Jack Roslovic is nine assists from 100 for his NHL career (61-91-152, 324 GP).
- C Cole Sillinger is four games from 100 for his NHL career (18-18-36, 96 GP).
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
- D Jake Bean (shoulder) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 17); out indefinitely (2 games)
- D Nick Blankenburg (ankle) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 10); 6-to-8 weeks (4 games)
- D Adam Boqvist (broken foot) is on Injured Reserve (Oct. 26); 6-weeks; (9 games)
- C/RW Justin Danforth (torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Oct. 25); 6 months (11 games)
- LW Patrik Laine (ankle) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 12); 3-to-4 weeks (3 games)
- G Elvis Merzlikins (hip); 1-to-2 weeks (2 games)
- C Jack Roslovic (illness); day-to-day (1 game)
- LW Jakub Voracek (upper body) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 4); out indefinitely (6 games)
- D Zach Werenski (shoulder separation/torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 10); rest of regular season (4 games)
TOTAL MAN GAMES LOST: 80
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS