By Danielle Daniels
Ohio State vs. No. 15/19 Texas A&M
Date: November 10, 2023
Time: 7 p.m.
Venue: Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
TICKETS: Season, single-game, group and mini plans are available men’s basketball games this season. Visit OhioStateBuckeyes.com or call the Ohio State Athletics Ticket Office in the Schottenstein Center at 1-800-GOBUCKS.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State continues the opening week by hosting No. 15 Texas A&M on Friday night at the Schottenstein Center. Tip-off is slated for 7 p.m. tip and the game will be streamed exclusively on Peacock. Noah Eagle and Robbie Hummel will call the action.
- This will be the fourth meeting between the two programs. The Buckeyes are 1-2 against A&M. Ohio State won in 1947, Texas A&M won in 1957 and then the Aggies won 70-47 in the most recent meeting at Madison Square Garden in 2007 as part of the Dick’s Sporting Good NIT Season Tip-off.
- This will be the first regular season SEC opponent to come to Columbus since Florida visited in 2011.
- The Buckeyes opened the year with a 79-73 victory over Oakland on Monday night.
- Zed Key, Bruce Thornton and Roddy Gayle Jr. all scored 17 points, including 32 of the final 35 points. Key was 5-of-7 shooting and also grabbed a team-high tying eight rebounds. Thornton didn’t have his best shooting night from the field but was a career-best 8-of-8 from the foul line, including 4-for-4 in the final minute. Gayle Jr. dished-out a career-high five assists and also pulled-down a career-high seven rebounds.
- Freshman Scotty Middleton had a very strong collegiate debut on Monday. He came off the bench to score 13 points and grab a team-high tying eight rebounds. He also posted a team-best +19 plus/minus. He is just the sixth Buckeye freshman since 1997 to have at least 13 points and eight rebounds in his collegiate debut.
- Texas A&M opened the year with a 78-46 thumping of Texas A&M Commerce on Monday night. SEC Preseason Player of the Year Wade Taylor IV scored 16 points on 4-of-7 from long range and dished-out a team-high six assists. The Aggies return four of five starters from last year and have the highest returning point percentage in the SEC at 88.4 percent.
- Ohio State is 111-201 all-time against Top-15 ranked teams. The last win over a Top 15 team was an 86-83 win at No. 15 Illinois on Feb. 24, 2022.