By Carey Van Lue
Stars to Watch
« D Miro Heiskanen leads Stars blueliners in assists and points with 1-3-4 in six appearances and has collected 45-163-208 in 360 career outings since being selected third overall at the 2017 NHL Draft.
« G Jake Oettinger has earned points in all four of his games this season (3-0-1) with a 1.44 GAA and. 952 SV% and is 7-0-1 with a 1.59 GAA and .933 SV% in eight career appearances against Columbus.
« C Joe Pavelski, who leads the Stars in goals and points with 3-3-6 in six contests this season, has registered 19-21-40 in 47 career outings against CBJ.
« Columbus has gone 32-33-7 in all-time games against the Stars, including 15-18-2 on the road.
« The Blue Jackets are 2-2-0 in the last four meetings but the Stars have won six of the last eight contests since Mar. 14, 2021 (CBJ; 2-4-1).
« CBJ have killed off all 10 Stars power play chances over the eight games in the series with the club not allowing a power play opportunity in two of the contests (Mar. 13, 2021 and Dec. 19, 2022).
« The club has killed off 29-of-30 Stars power play opportunities in the last 11 games at Dallas dating back to Jan. 6, 2015 (96.7 pct.).
« Columbus snapped a four-game road losing streak in its last trip to Dallas, a 4-1 win on Feb. 18, 2023. The club is 9-5-0 in the last 14 games at American Airlines Center.
« Dallas owns seven of the nine shutouts in the all-time series with Mathieu Garon (Jan. 10, 2010) and Sergei Bobrovsky (Oct. 22, 2016) recording CBJ’s shutouts.
« The Stars have recorded all three hat tricks in the series (MR: Tyler Seguin on Oct. 14, 2014), while the Blue Jackets have been awarded both penalty shots (MR: Emil Bemstrom unsuccessful on Mar. 13, 2021).
This Season (CBJ, 0-0-0)
« Oct. 30, 2023 – at Dallas (8 p.m. ET)
« Nov. 9, 2023 – at COLUMBUS (7:30 p.m. ET)
Player Notables vs. Stars
« D Adam Boqvist – 1-4-5 in 7 career GP, including points in each of his last three road contests vs. the club (1-3-4).
« LW Johnny Gaudreau – 10-8-18 in 22 career GP, including points in two of his last three games against Dallas (1-1-2).
« C Boone Jenner – 4-3-7 in 20 career GP, including 2-1-3 in his last four road contests at the Stars.
« F Jack Roslovic – 2-11-13 in 20 career GP, including assists in his last two contests and 1-7-8 in his last eight games overall.
« D Damon Severson – 1-6-7 in 15 career GP, including assists in four of the last five outings overall vs. Dallas (0-4-4).
« D Zach Werenski – 4-7-11 in 15 career GP, including 3-2-5 in his past four contests against the team.
BLUE JACKETS TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets had their four-game points streak (2-0-2) snapped with a 2-0 loss to the NY Islanders on Saturday. The club had earned wins over Calgary on Oct. 20 (3-1) and at Minnesota on Oct. 21 (5-4 in OT) before picking up points in overtime losses to Anaheim on Oct. 24 (2-3) and at Montreal on Oct. 26 (3-4).
- The win at Minnesota on Oct. 21 kicked off a stretch of 7-of-11 games played away from Nationwide Arena through Nov. 12. The club also visits Montreal (Oct. 26), Dallas (Oct. 30), Washington (Nov. 4), Florida (Nov. 6), Detroit (Nov. 11) and the NY Rangers (Nov. 12) during the stretch.
- Thursday’s game against the Canadiens kicked off a stretch of three-of-four and six-of-eight games against Eastern Conference teams. The only two games against the Western Conference during that stretch come against the Stars (Oct. 30 at Dallas, Nov. 9 at Columbus).
- Columbus has outshot each of its last four opponents (Minnesota, Anaheim, Montreal and the NY Islanders) by a combined 44 shots. The last time the club has outshot its opponents in four-straight games was Jan. 6-13, 2022 (+18).
- The Blue Jackets had scored the first goal in each of the games over the four-game points streak (2-0-2).
- CBJ finished 2-of-4 on the man advantage at Montreal on Thursday and had scored a power play goal in three-straight games prior to Saturday’s loss (4-of-17; 23.5 pct. over last four contests).
- The club has killed off 15-of-17 opponent power play chances over the past five games of the season (88.2 pct.).
- Blue Jackets blueliners have combined for 1-11-12 over the past five contests and have now combined for 3-14-17 in eight games this season.
- CBJ play their second of seven Monday games this season when they take on the Stars.
BLUE JACKETS PLAYER NOTES
- RW Emil Bemstrom scored power play goals in back-to-back games from Oct. 24-26 (3-0-3) and is tied for the NHL lead in power play goals (3) in 2023-24.
- RW Justin Danforth has recorded 3-1-4 in the last seven contests, including goals in two-straight games from Oct. 20-21 (2-1-3).
- C Adam Fantilli registered goals in back-to-back games from Oct. 21-24 (2-1-3), including notching his first career goal at Minnesota on Oct. 21 and his first career multi-point outing (1-1-2) against Anaheim on Oct. 24. The 2023 third overall pick has totaled 2-2-4 in his first eight NHL games, ranking fourth-T among League rookies in goals and seventh-T in points, trailing the League leaders by one goal and three points.
- LW Johnny Gaudreau has collected 0-4-4 in eight games this season. He led the club in assists, points and multi-point efforts with 21-53-74 and 20 multi-point outings in 80 games in his first season with the Blue Jackets in 2022-23.
- C Boone Jenner leads the club in goals and ranks third in points with 4-1-5 in eight games this season. He led CBJ in goals in 2022-23 with 26-19-45 in 68 outings.
- D Ivan Provorov had his career-high four-game assists streak (0-4-4) snapped on Saturday. He leads the team in assists and points (tied).
- F Jack Roslovic also had his four-game points streak (2-4-6) snapped on Saturday. He had registered his 10th career game of three points or more by collecting points on all three CBJ goals at Montreal on Thursday (1-2-3).
- D Zach Werenski has collected points in three of his last five games (1-3-4).
- CBJ have two 19-year-old rookies on the team with C Adam Fantilli (2023 third overall pick) and D David Jiricek (2022 sixth overall selection).
BLUE JACKETS MILESTONES
- C Boone Jenner (174-160-334, 665 GP) is nine games from tying LW Rick Nash (289-258-547, 674 GP) for the most career games played in CBJ history.
- LW Kent Johnson is six games from 100 for his NHL career (17-28-45, 94 GP).
- F Patrik Laine is one goal from 200 for his NHL career (199-182-381, 466 GP).
- D Andrew Peeke is four games away from his 200th NHL game (9-25-34, 196 GP).
- C Jack Roslovic is four points from 200 and seven games from 400 for his NHL career (73-123-196, 393 GP).
- D Zach Werenski (80-169-249, 422 GP) is four assists from tying D Seth Jones (50-173-223, 381 GP) for most career assists by a defenseman in franchise history.
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
- G Daniil Tarasov (knee) is on the Injured/Non Roster List on Oct. 9 (Week-to-Week); 8 games
- F Patrik Laine (upper body) is on Injured Reserve retroactive to Oct. 20 (Day-to-Day); 4 games
TOTAL MAN GAMES LOST: 22
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS