By Danielle Daniels
Ryan Day OSU HC 10 7 2023 Postgame Press Conference #4 OSU 37 Maryland 17 .mp3
No. 5 Ohio State 37, Maryland 17
Oct. 7, 2023 – Ohio Stadium; Columbus, Ohio
- With the win, Ohio State improves to 76-19-5 in homecoming games.
- Ohio State is 9-0 all-time vs. Maryland and 5-0 at Ohio Stadium.
- Chip Trayanum recorded a touchdown for the third consecutive game. He had a career-high 20 rushes vs. Maryland.
- Marvin Harrison Jr. and Emeka Egbuka have each caught at least one pass in 19 consecutive games.
- Julian Fleming extended his streak of consecutive games with a catch to 17.
- Cade Stover, with 66 yards vs. Maryland, moved to 10th place in Buckeye history in receiving yards by a tight end.
- Gee Scott Jr. and Chip Trayanum were in the starting lineup for the first time in their Buckeye careers.
- Josh Proctor’s interception was the first of his career.
- With 163 receiving yards, Marvin Harrison Jr. recorded his 10th career 100-yard game, moving him into third place in Buckeye history. He is tied with Michael Jenkins (2001-03) and Garrett Wilson (2019-21).
- Tommy Eichenberg leads the Buckeye defense with 38 total tackles this season, followed by Steele Chambers with 32.
- Eichenberg led the Buckeyes with 13 total tackles vs. Maryland.
- Lathan Ransom recorded his second career interception, with his first against Michigan State in 2022.
- Kyle McCord finished the day with a career-high 320 passing yards.
- Today’s victory was the 42nd consecutive win with Ohio State recording two or more turnovers.
- Josh Proctor notched a career-high six solo tackles after two games with five (at Notre Dame in 2023, vs. Wisconsin in 2022). He also matched his career best with seven total tackles, first set last time out against Notre Dame.
COURTESY OSU ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS