Mon, May 22, 2023
The Buckeyes will compete Wednesday through Saturday at the University of North Florida.
Ohio State at 2023 NCAA East Regional
Dates: Wednesday, May 24, 2023 through Saturday, May 27, 2023
Venue: Jax Track at Hodges Stadium (Jacksonville, Fla.)
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State track & field team sends 34 entries to the NCAA East Regional this week, hosted at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, Fla. The Buckeye men will compete on Wednesday and Friday, while the Buckeye women will compete on Thursday and Saturday.
Wednesday Entries (men)
- 110m hurdles (6 p.m.): Oscar Smith ran his season-best time of 13.82 in the prelims of the Big Ten Championships as he is 31st on the qualifying list.
- Pole vault (6:30 p.m.): Luke Bendick (5.31m / 17’5.06” at the Texas Relays) and Daniel Drellishak (PR 5.14m / 16’10.36” to finish sixth at the Big Ten Championships) both qualified for the regional.
- Shot put (7 p.m.): The Buckeye men also had two qualify in the shot put with Hayden Tobias (19.82m / 65’0.32” to finish fifth at the Big Ten Championships) at seventh and Carlos Aviles (18.65m / 61’2.25” at the Jesse Owens Classic) at 17th.
- 400m (7:25 p.m.): Zidane Brown (45.75 at the Big Ten Championships to finish as the runner-up) and Antonio Hanson (46.82 in the prelims of the Big Ten Championship) both qualified for the 400m.
- 800m (7:50 p.m.): Alex Kenish will cap the Buckeyes’ first-day entries in the 800m after running a personal-best 1:48.73 at the Big Ten Championships to finish fifth.
Thursday Entries (women)
- Pole vault (6:30 p.m.): Abbey Kuhn begins the competition for the Buckeye women with a qualifying mark of 4.16m / 13’7.78” after breaking her own program record at the Big Ten Championships to finish third.
- 100m (7 p.m.): The Buckeye women have four entries in the 100m – Leah Bertrand (11.08 – broke the school record at the Big Ten Championships en route to being crowned Big Ten Champion), Yanique Dayle (11.17 – ranks third in program history and then finished third in the finals), Nya Bussey (11.30, fifth at Big Ten’s) and Columba Effiong (PR 11.45 in the prelims of the Big Ten Championships). They rank seventh, 10th, 20th and 44th on the qualifying list.
- Shot put (7 p.m.): Lacey Stringer (16.19m / 63’1.40” at the Bulls Invite) and Faith Bender (15.39m / 50’5.91” at the Big Ten Championships) both qualified in the shot put.
- 400m (7:25 p.m.): Ohio State qualified three in the top-12 of the women’s 400m. Bryannia Murphy led the way in seventh (51.54), while Alyssa Marsh was ninth (51.62) and Jaydan Wood was 12th (52.02). They rank second, third and fifth, respectively, on OSU’s program records list and finished second (Marsh), third (Murphy) and fourth (Wood) at the Big Ten Championships.
- 400m hurdles (8:20 p.m.): Chanler Robinson (58.54) came in 36th on the qualifying list after finishing eighth at the Big Ten Championships.
- 200m (8:45 p.m.): Dayle (22.87 to win the Big Ten Championship) and Bussey (PR 23.14 in the prelims of the Big Ten Championships en route to finishing sixth in the finals) each qualified in a second individual event.
- 10000m (9:10 p.m.): Daniella Santos (33:33.47) and Andrea Kuhn (33:34.10) qualified in the 15th and 16th spots and rank first and second, respectively, in program history in the event.
Friday Entries (men)
- Discus (1 p.m.): Aviles qualified in a second event with a season-best throw of 58.91m / 193’3.29” ranking 11th on the list and second in program history.
- High jump (2:30 p.m.): The Buckeye men had two qualifiers in the high jump – Shaun Miller Jr. (2.20m / 7’2.61”, eighth on the list and finished third at the Big Ten Championships) and Reign Winston (2.08m / 6’9.89”, finished seventh at Big Ten Championships).
- Triple jump (6 p.m.): Clarence Foote-Talley’s best mark (16.71m / 54’9.87”) ranks third on the qualifying list as he moved into second among the program’s records earlier this season with a win at the Penn Relays.
- 4x400m relay (8:45 p.m.): Brown, Armani Modeste, Evan Matthews and Kashawn Baptiste form the relay squad (3:05.84) that’s 11th among entries.
- The Buckeye men have the opportunity to qualify for Friday’s quarterfinals in the 110m hurdles (6:15 p.m.), 400m (6:50 p.m.) and 800m (7:05 p.m.) based on their performances in the first round of each event on Wednesday.
Saturday Entries (women)
- Discus (1 p.m.): Bender qualified in her second event, in which she also ranks second on the qualifying list and holds the program record with a best mark of 61.13m / 200’6.69”.
- 4x100m relay (5 p.m.): Dayle, Bussey, Marsh and Bertrand form the relay squad (43.17), which ranks fourth on the qualifying list and second in program history.
- Triple jump (6 p.m.): The Buckeye women have two qualify for the triple jump – Jaimie Robinson (13.24m / 43’5.26”, was the runner-up at the Big Ten Championships) and Atinuke Shittu (12.76m / 41’10.36”, finished seventh at the Big Ten Championships).
- 5000m (8:10 p.m.): Addie Engel (15:44.02) is fifth on the qualifying list after breaking the program record earlier this season at the Raleigh Relays.
- 4x400m relay (8:45 p.m.): Wood, Marsh, Dayle and Murphy enter the regional with the top-qualifying time (3:26.56) after breaking the program record earlier this season at the Penn Relays.
- The Buckeye women have the opportunity to qualify for Saturday’s quarterfinals in the 100m (6:35 p.m.), 400m (6:50 p.m.), 400m hurdles (7:25 p.m.) and 200m (7:50 p.m.) based on their performances in the first round of each event on Thursday.
The People. The Tradition. The Excellence.
COURTESY OSU ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS