FOOTBALL IS FAMILY: Among the players chosen in the first three rounds of the 2023 NFL Draft, the family connections include:
- WR JOSH DOWNS (No. 79, Indianapolis): Father, Gary, was selected in the third round (No. 95 overall) by the New York Giants in the 1994 NFL Draft; Uncle, Dre’ Bly, was selected in the second round (No. 41 overall) by the St. Louis Rams in the 1999 NFL Draft and was a two-time Pro Bowl selection and Super Bowl Champion.
- Arizona T PARIS JOHNSON JR. (No. 6, Arizona): Father, Paris Johnson Sr., was drafted by Arizona in the fifth round (No. 155 overall) of the 1999 NFL Draft.
- LB B.J. OJULARI (No. 41, Arizona): Brother, Azeez, was selected in the second round (No. 50 overall) by the New York Giants in the 2021 NFL Draft.
- DB JOEY PORTER JR. (No. 32, Pittsburgh): Father, Joey Porter Sr., was selected by Pittsburgh in the third round (No. 73) of the 1999 NFL Draft and was a four-time Pro Bowl selection, Super Bowl champion and member of the NFL’s All-Decade Team of the 2000’s.
- WR CEDRIC TILLMAN (No. 74, Cleveland): Father, Cedric, was selected in the 11th round (No. 305 overall) by Denver in the 1992 NFL Draft.