Blues to Watch
« LW Pavel Buchnevich has racked up 4-9-13 over a seven-game points streak and ranks second on the team in goals, assists and points with 20-36-56 in 49 contests in 2022-23.
« C Jordan Kyrou, who is one goal shy of tying his single-season career high set in 2021-22, leads the club in goals, points and power play goals with 26-31-57 and 10 PPG in 61 contests.
« C Robert Thomas leads St. Louis in assists and ranks third in points with 16-39-55 in 61 contests in 2022-23 and has picked up 2-2-4 over a three-game points streak.
« Columbus has gone 33-41-16 in 90 all-time meetings vs. St. Louis, including 22-15-7 at home.
« The Blue Jackets have picked up points in four of the last seven games in the series, going 3-3-1 since Oct. 25, 2018.
« The home team has won five-straight in the series and is 15-4-1 since Mar. 31, 2012.
« CBJ have won two-straight at Nationwide Arena and are 6-2-1 in the past nine in Columbus dating back to Apr. 12, 2013.
« Three of the last four meetings at NWA have been decided by a single goal.
« The winning team has scored four-plus goals in six of the last seven games of the series.
« The teams have combined for just five shutouts in the all-time series (STL; 3-2) with the Blues posting the most recent one on Apr. 5, 2008 (Legace 25 saves in 3-0 W at St. Louis).
« Each tam has posted one hat trick with St. Louis’ David Perron recording the most recent one in the last meeting on Mar. 19, 2022 (5-4 CBJ win at Columbus.
« Oct. 15, 2022 – at STL 5, CBJ 2
« Mar. 11, 2023 – at COLUMBUS (7 p.m. ET)
Scoring Notables vs. Blues
« LW Johnny Gaudreau – 6-17-23 in 22 career GP, including 2-6-8 with two multi-point efforts in the last five games vs. St. Louis.
« LW Patrik Laine – 16-5-21 in 17 career GP, including points in three-straight home games (2-3-5) against the club and goals in each of his last three contests overall (3-1-4).
« C Jack Roslovic – 2-6-8 in 13 career GP, including 2-3-5 in the past five meetings vs. the Blues.
BLUE JACKETS TEAM NOTES
- Columbus earned a point in a 5-4 overtime loss at Pittsburgh on Tuesday. The club has recorded points in seven of the last 10 games overall (4-3-3).
- The club has registered points in eight of its last 12 contests (5-4-3) with wins against four of the top-15 teams in the League (Toronto-4th; Dallas-7th; Edmonton-12th; Winnipeg-15th).
- The Jackets are in the middle of a stretch of 12-of-15 games played on the road from February 26-March 30. The lone home games during that time are March 3 (vs. Seattle), March 11 (vs. St. Louis) and March 24 (vs. NY Islanders).
- CBJ have scored a power play goal in each of the last four games (4-of-9; 44.4 pct.) and eight of the last 11 (8-of-28; 28.6). The club ranks seventh in the NHL in power play percentage since January 21, converting on 13-of-50 opportunities over the last 19 contests (26.0).
- After scoring the first goal of the game just once over a 10-game stretch from January 27-February 23, the Jackets have scored the first goal in five of the past six contests.
- The Blue Jackets are 7-2-0 in their last nine Saturday games dating back to December 31.
- Columbus blueliners have registered 9-30-39 in the last 25 contests and 25-71-96 in 64 games this season.
- CBJ rookies combined for 1-3-4 on Tuesday and have racked up 26-24-50 over the last 33 games. They lead all NHL teams in goals and rank second in points with 39-41-80 in 64 contests in 2022-23 and have set a franchise record for the most goals scored by team rookies in a single season (37, 2017-18) and posted the third-most points (83, 2016-17; 82, 2017-18). RW Kirill Marchenko (16) and C Kent Johnson (13) are also the third pair of rookie teammates to score double digit goals in a single season in club history, joining C Serge Aubin (13) and RW David Vyborny (13) in 2000-01 and C Pierre-Luc Dubois (20) and LW Sonny Milano (14) in 2017-18.
BLUE JACKETS PLAYER NOTES
- D Adam Boqvist has registered 3-5-8 in his last 10 contests and 3-9-12 in his past 15 appearances. He set a new single-season career high in assists with his 15th of the campaign against the Kraken on March 3.
- F Liam Foudy collected his second multi-point effort of the season with 1-1-2 at Pittsburgh and has recorded 2-1-3 in his last five appearances.
- LW Johnny Gaudreau became the 13th different player in franchise history to record 40 assists in a single season after picking up an assist last Friday against the Kraken. He leads the team in assists and points with 15-40-55 in 62 contests this season. He set the franchise record for fewest games played to record 50 career points (53 GP), surpassing the mark set by Ray Whitney (56 GP).
- D Erik Gudbranson has collected 1-11-12 in 63 games in his first season with the club and has tied his single-season career high in assists (11 in 78 games with Calgary in 2021-22).
- C Boone Jenner, who is one goal shy of notching his third 20-goal campaign, has posted 5-5-10 in his last 12 outings and 8-6-14 in his past 19 games.
- C Kent Johnson collected his sixth multi-point effort of the season with two assists at Pittsburgh on Tuesday and has registered 5-7-12 in his past 19 contests. He ranks fourth among League rookies in scoring in 2022-23 and seventh-T among CBJ rookies in points in a single season in club history with 13-18-31 in 61 games.
- LW Patrik Laine reached the 20-goal plateau for the sixth time in his career and stretched his points streak to four-straight (3-2-5) with a goal at Pittsburgh. He has collected 4-4-8 in his past six games and 11-16-27 with seven multi-point efforts in 25 outings since Jan. 10. Since the start of the 2021-22 season, the 24-year-old has racked up 46-53-99 in 105 games (.94 pts./GP). During his first five NHL campaigns, he tallied 151-121-271 in 351 games (.77 pts./GP).
- RW Kirill Marchenko ranks third-T among NHL rookie goal scorers in 2022-23 with 16-2-18 in 41 games but leads League rookies in goals and ranks fourth-T in points since making his NHL debut on December 6. The 16 goals are tied for third-most by a rookie in a single season in franchise history (Jenner in 2013-14; Sillinger in 2021-22), trailing only Rick Nash (17 in 2002-03) and Pierre-Luc Dubois (20 in 2017-18).
- D Andrew Peeke, who posted seven blocked shots on Tuesday, ranks ninth-T in the NHL in blocked shots this season (143) and has registered a blocked shot in 56 of his 62 contests this season.
- LW Eric Robinson sits two goals shy of tying his single-season career high (10 in 2021-22) with 8-10-18 in 57 outings.
- C Jack Roslovic, who has points in each of his last two games (1-1-2), has collected 3-6-9 in his last 12 outings. He has set a single-season career high in assists and has posted the second-highest point total of his career (45 in 2021-22) with 7-29-36 in 61 contests this season.
BLUE JACKETS MILESTONES
- GM Jarmo Kekalainen is one game from 800 for his NHL GM career.
- LW Patrik Laine is four goals from 200 for his NHL career (196-174-370, 456 GP).
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
- D Jake Bean (shoulder) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 17); out 4-to-6 months (49 games)
- C/RW Justin Danforth (torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Oct. 25); 6 months (58 games)
- C Sean Kuraly (left oblique strain); expected to miss six weeks (3 games)
- D Zach Werenski (shoulder separation/torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 10); expected to miss rest or reg. season (51 games)
TOTAL MAN GAMES LOST: 430
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS