BLUE JACKETS NOTE OF THE GAME
« RW Kirill Marchenko notched his 3rd career multi-goal game with two goals, giving him 7-1-8 in his last 13 outings. With 16-1-17 in 36 games this season, he is tied for the third-most goals by a Blue Jackets rookie in a single-season (Jenner in 2013-14 and Sillinger in 2021-22). He is also the second rookie in franchise history to record at least three multi-goal games in a single season, joining Serge Aubin in 2000-01 (the club’s inaugural season). The forward scored a goal in both games vs. Edmonton this season (3-0-3).
BLUE JACKETS TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets have now registered points in five of their last seven contests (4-2-1) with today’s victory over the Edmonton Oilers and improved to 6-5-3 in their past 14 games (3-3-1 at home) since Jan. 21.
- Columbus swept the season series vs. Edmonton (2-0-0) for the third time in club history (2014-15 and 2016-17). The club improved to 7-3-0 in the last 10 games vs. the Oilers at home.
- The winning team in the series has scored three or more goals in the past 33-straight contests, including four-plus in nine of the last 10 meetings.
- The Blue Jackets killed off three-of-four Oilers’ power play attempts today and have now killed off 41-of-49 opponent power play chances over the last 19 games of the season (83.7 pct.).
- With RW Kirill Marchenko’s two goals and C Kent Johnson’s assist, the club’s rookies have now posted 11 of the team’s 30 goals in the past 12 games and have registered 23-17-40 over the last 28 outings (36-35-71 in 59 games in 2022-23).
- CBJ’s blueliners collected 0-2-2 today and have now recorded 8-23-31 in the last 20 games (24-64-88 in 59 games this season).
- With one power play goal today, Columbus has now scored on nine-of-39 power play chances over the last 14 games dating back to Jan. 21 (23.1 pct.).
- The club has recorded 37 multi-goal periods this season, including scoring three goals in the second period and two goals in the third.
- CBJ play their 12th of 17 back-to-back sets this season with games vs. Edmonton on Saturday and at Minnesota on Sunday.
- Today’s attendance was a sellout and season-high of 19,004.
BLUE JACKETS PLAYER NOTES
« The Blue Jackets were led by C Boone Jenner, RW Kirill Marchenko and C Jack Roslovic in shots (5), RW Mathieu Olivier in hits (3) and D Andrew Peeke in blocked shots (3) and TOI (25:42).
« C Jack Roslovic notched his second four-point game of the season with two goals and two assists. He has now collected points in four of his past seven games (2-5-7; overall, 6-28-34 in 56 GP).
« LW Johnny Gaudreau tallied his 10th multi-assist and 14th multi-point game of the campaign with 0-2-2, giving him 1-4-5 in his last five games and points in 10 of his past 13 contests (3-10-13; overall, 15-39-54 in 57 GP). He improved to 16-23-39 in 43 career games against the Oilers, including points in each of his last five games (1-10-11) and eight of his past nine overall (3-12-15) as well as points in five-straight home contests (3-9-12) and 11 of his last 12 outings at home (5-15-20).
« C Boone Jenner recorded his eighth multi-point game of the season (1-1-12) to give him 4-4-8 in his last seven games and points in nine of his last 14 contests (7-5-12; overall, 18-16-34 in 48 GP). With 162-156-318 in 637 career games, Jenner has surpassed David Vyborny for the fourth-most points in franchise history.
« LW Patrik Laine registered his fourth three-point and 11th multi-point game of the campaign with 1-2-3, giving him 3-4-7 in his last six contests and 8-14-22 with six multi-point efforts in 20 outings since Jan. 10 (overall, 17-21-38 in 44 GP). He now has 5-5-10 in 13 career appearances against Edmonton, including points in six of his past eight games (3-5-8).
« D Adam Boqvist recorded his 14th assist of the season and now has 2-4-6 in his last six contests and 2-13-15 in his past 19 outings. With 2-14-16 in 27 games, he has tied his single-season career high in assists (14 in 35 GP with Chicago in 2020-21). The defenseman improved to 1-5-6 in in four career games vs. the Oilers with points in all four contests.
« C Kent Johnson registered his 16th assist of the campaign to give him 4-5-9 in his past 14 contests (overall, 12-16-28 in 56 GP). He improved to 1-2-3 in three career games against Edmonton.
« D Gavin Bayreuther tallied his sixth assist of the season and now has 2-6-8 in 28 appearances this season.
BLUE JACKETS POST-GAME AUDIO INTERVIEWS
OILERS POST-GAME AUDIO INTERVIEWS
BLUE JACKETS UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Sunday, Feb. 26 at Minnesota – 2:00pm ET at Xcel Energy Center
Monday, Feb. 27 No Practice
Tuesday, Feb. 28 at Buffalo – 7:30pm ET at KeyBank Center
COURTESY CBJ COMMUNICATIONS