DaRon Holmes II & Toumani Camara Combined for 37 Points, 15 Rebounds & 79% Shooting
Dayton is now 18-9 overall and 10-4 in the Atlantic 10. The Flyers are currently in second place in the A-10, a half-game behind VCU.
First Half – Dayton 28, Loyola 20
- UD scored the first five points on a layup by DaRon Holmes II and a three-pointer by Malachi Smith and never trailed.
- The Flyers took their largest lead of the half on a layup by Toumani Camara to make it a 21-12 game with five-and-a-half minutes to go until halftime.
- Camara scored seven of his nine first-half points in the last 5:28 of the half.
- Holmes and Camara outscored Loyola by themselves, with 21 first-period points.
Second Half – Dayton 65, Loyola 49
- Holmes and Smith also scored the first five points of the second half, with Smith draining a three on an assist from Kobe Elvis and Holmes getting a fastbreak layup from Smith.
- Loyola got it back to an eight-point game, but Dayton turned that away with a 13-1 run .
- Camara scored the last seven of that in 51 seconds.
- The largest UD lead was 22 points, 60-38, with 5:16 to go.
- Mike Sharavjamts scored six of his eight points in the second half.
- Every Flyer who traveled played, with Richard Amaefule, Ty Locklear and Atticus Schuler all getting a minutes of action.
- Schuler drained a pair of free throws for Dayton’s last points of the night, and the first of his career.
BY THE NUMBERS
- DaRon Holmes II was the game leader in points (20) and rebounds (10).
- It was his 10th double-double of the season.
- Holmes made 8-of-10 field goals and 4-of-6 free throws, and added three assists and two steals.
- Toumani Camara added 17 points (7-of-9 field goals).
- Dayton outrebounded Loyola 39-27.
- Five Flyers had at least five rebounds in the game. In addition to Holmes’ 10, Koby Brea had six, and Camara, Mustapha Amzil and Zimi Nwokeji each added five.
- Kobe Elvis had a season-best seven assists (with no turnovers).
- Elvis was a team-best +24.
- It was the 16th time in 27 game the Flyers held their opponent under 60 points (sixth time under 50).
- Dayton is at UMass on Wednesday, Feb. 22. Game time is 7 p.m. ET
- UD’s next home game is Saturday, Feb. 25 against George Mason. Game time is 6 p.m. ET.
COURTESY DAYTON MEDIA RELATIONS