CINCINNATI — The Xavier University Musketeers, 19-7 overall and 11-4 in the BIG EAST Conference, host the DePaul University Blue Demons on Saturday at 4 p.m. at Cintas Center. The Musketeers are looking to avenge a one-point loss to DePaul in Chicago on Jan. 18.
Xavier, which is shooting for its 20th win, is also looking to bounce back from back-to-back tough BIG EAST road losses by a combined three points.
NO. 16/16 XAVIER UNIVERSITY MUSKETEERS (19-7, 11-4 BIG EAST)
DEPAUL UNIVERSITY BLUE DEMONS (9-17, 3-12 BIG EAST)
SATURDAY, FEB. 18, 2023 AT 4:00 P.M. ET
AT CINTAS CENTER IN CINCINNATI, OHIO
TV, RADIO, LIVE STATS
Television: CBS Sports Network with play by-play from Andrew Catalon and analysis from Steve Lappas.
Xavier Radio: 700 WLW with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer Joe Sunderman (’79) and analysis from XU all-time leading scorer and Hall of Famer Byron Larkin (’88). XU broadcast also available on Sirius XM 85 or 204 and 967 on the SXM App.
Live Stats: Media stats at Statbroadcast.com and fan stats at GoXavier.com.
Xavier, 19-7 overall and 11-4 in the BIG EAST Conference, is in its 10th BIG EAST season.
• Xavier, 19-7, needs one win to reach the 20-win mark. Entering this season, XU had recorded 31 of its 33 all-time 20-win seasons between 1982-83 and 2021-22. XU has already clinched its 27th-straight winning season, which is tied for the nation’s fourth-longest active streak.
• Xavier is 16th in this week’s AP Poll and 16th in the USA Today Coaches Poll. XU is No. 21 in the KenPom rankings and No. 25 the NCAA’s NET ranking.
• Xavier leads the BIG EAST in four major offensive categories: first in the nation in assists per game at 20.5 apg., fourth in the nation in overall field goal percentage (.501), third in the nation in 3-point field goal percentage (.400) and eighth in the nation in scoring offense at 82.6 ppg. XU is second in the BIG EAST and ninth in the nation in assist-to-turnover ratio at 1.56.
• Xavier’s Sean Miller is on the 2023 Werner Ladder Naismith Men’s College Coach of the Year Late Season Watch List that was announced Feb. 17.
• Xavier graduate student Souley Boum, XU’s leading scorer at 16.4 ppg. (third in the BIG EAST), is fifth among active career scorers in NCAA Division I with 2,279 points. Boum, who leads XU and is tied for fourth in the BIG EAST in assists at 4.8 apg., leads XU and is fourth in the BIG EAST in assist-to-turnover ratio at 2.40-to-1.0,
• Xavier junior Colby Jones, who is tied with Souley Boum for the team lead for double-figure scoring games (23), is second on the team in assists at 4.8 apg. (sixth in the BIG EAST) to go with 15.0 ppg. (third on the team and 12th in the BIG EAST).
• Xavier’s Jack Nunge is fourth on the team in scoring at 14.5 ppg. (15th in the BIG EAST) and is second in rebounding at 7.8 rpg. (fifth in the BIG EAST). Nunge is third in the BIG EAST in offensive rebounding at 2.8 orpg. He leads the BIG EAST in 3-pt. percentage at .434 (33-76).
• Xavier senior Adam Kunkel is fifth on the team in scoring at 10.0 ppg.
COURTESY XAVIER ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS