BLUE JACKETS TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets improved to 4-4-2 in their past 10 games with tonight’s victory over the Winnipeg Jets, including 2-2-1 at home since Jan. 21.
- Columbus has recorded points in five-straight contests in the series vs. Winnipeg (4-0-1) and has won three consecutive home contests and is 4-1-0 in the past five at Nationwide Arena dating back to Oct. 17, 2017.
- The home team in the series has won seven of the last nine meetings.
- CBJ swept the season series against the Jets/Thrashers for the third time in franchise history, also winning both of the games in 2009-10 (Atlanta) and 2017-18 (Winnipeg).
- The winning team in the series has scored three or more goals in 17 of last 18 games in the series, including eight-straight since Jan. 31, 2019.
- With one power play goal tonight, the Blue Jackets have now recorded power play goals in seven of the last eight meetings vs. Winnipeg (10-of-26; 38.5 pct.).
- Columbus has now scored on 7-of-30 power play chances over its past 10 games this season (23.3 pct.).
- The Blue Jackets killed off six-of-seven Jets’ power play attempts tonight and have now killed off 35-of-42 opponent power play chances over the last 15 games (83.3 pct.).
- The club’s blueliners posted 0-1-1 and have now recorded 7-18-25 in the last 16 games and 23-59-82 in 55 contests this season.
- With C Kent Johnson’s goal tonight, the team’s rookies have now scored eight of the club’s 18 goals in the past eight games and have registered 20-15-35 over the last 24 contests (overall, 33-33-66 in 55 GP).
- CBJ have recorded 34 multi-goal periods in 2022-23, including scoring two goals in the third period tonight.
BLUE JACKETS PLAYER NOTES
« The Blue Jackets were led by LW Eric Robinson in shots (4) and hits (4) and D Erik Gudbranson in blocked shots (7) and TOI (24:01).
« LW Patrik Laine notched his 10th multi-point game of the season with 1-1-2, giving him points in two consecutive games (1-2-3) and 6-12-18 in his last 16 contests (overall, 15-19-34 in 40 GP). He now has 3-1-4 in three career games against his former team since being traded to the Blue Jackets by the Jets on Jan. 23, 2021.
« C Boone Jenner scored his team-leading 16th goal of the season to give him points in three consecutive games (2-2-4) and points in seven of his last 10 contests (5-3-8; overall, 16-14-30 in 44 GP).
« C Kent Johnson scored his third game-winning goal of the season – the most by a Blue Jackets player this season – and has now registered 2-1-3 in his last three outings and 4-4-8 in his past 10 contests (12-15-27 in 52 GP). His three game-winning goals are tied for the fourth-most by a rookie in a single season in franchise history.
« LW Johnny Gaudreau tallied his team-leading 37th assist of the campaign to extend his points streak to three consecutive games (1-2-3). He has now collected points in nine of his last 11 games (3-8-11) and registered 4-10-14 in his last 15 contests (15-37-52 in 55 GP). He improved to 11-20-31 in 29 career games against Winnipeg, including 0-9-9 in his past eight contests and 0-4-4 in his last two outings vs. the club.
« D Adam Boqvist recorded an assist to give him points in two-straight outings (1-2-3) and 1-6-7 in his last seven appearances (overall, 1-12-13 in 23 GP). He now has 1-3-4 in five career contests vs. the Jets, including points in each of his last three outings against the club (1-2-3).
« C Jack Roslovic registered his 25th assist of the season, giving him 3-20-23 in 34 outings since Dec. 1 (overall, 4-25-29 in 52 GP). He improved to 0-3-3 in four career games vs. Winnipeg with assists in each of the past three contests.
« RW Emil Bemstrom tallied his eighth assist of the campaign, improving to 4-8-12 in 28 appearances this season.
« C Sean Kuraly skated in his 400th career NHL game tonight.
BLUE JACKETS POST-GAME AUDIO INTERVIEWS
JETS POST-GAME AUDIO INTERVIEWS
BLUE JACKETS UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Friday, Feb. 17 Practice – 12:00pm ET at OhioHealth Ice Haus
Saturday, Feb. 18 at Dallas Stars – 6:00pm ET at American Airlines Center
Sunday, Feb. 19 at Arizona Coyotes – 8:30pm ET at Mullett Arena
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS