• The University of Michigan basketball team (12-10, 6-5 B1G) will begin a three-game Big Ten homestand hosting Ohio State (11-11, 3-8 B1G) on Sunday (Feb. 5) in a nationally broadcast game on CBS. In the lone meeting of the regular season, the game features U-M’s annual Blue Out, where all fans are encouraged to wear blue clothing. Tipoff at Crisler Center is scheduled for 1 p.m.
• U-M and Ohio State only meet once in the regular season. Over the last four games, the series is split 2-2, with three games decided by five or fewer points.
• Michigan snapped a two-game losing streak with its 68-51 win at Northwestern. U-M hasn’t lost more than two games in a row since a four-game stretch in 2019-20
• U-M has five losses by five or fewer points this season. Two of those were against top-five teams — then-No. 3 Virginia (70-68) and No. 1 Purdue (75-70).
• Michigan remains among the nation’s elite for turnovers as it sits fifth nationally (9.6) and third in the Big Ten.
• Hunter Dickinson continues to lead in scoring (17.7) and rebounding (8.3) — a feat he has done the last three straight seasons. He is the fourth Wolverine to lead in both categories in multiple seasons.
• In his last five games, Dickinson is 22-for-24 (91.7%) at the free throw line.
• Using a career-best 12 rebounds (his first double-digit board game), Kobe Bufkin posted his first career double-double (15 points, 12 rebounds) at Northwestern. His prior best was seven boards. With a career-best eight assists (doubling his prior best), he nearly recorded U-M’s seventh triple-double.
• Jett Howard’s team-best 57 three-pointers (second in Big Ten; Penn State’s Andrew Funk, 67) more than doubles that of the next closest Wolverine (Joey Baker, 26).
• Dug McDaniel leads U-M with 83 assists (3.8 apg), the most for a U-M freshman since All-American Trey Burke had 156 (4.6 apg) in 2011-12. Since the 2009-10 season, McDaniel is the sixth freshman to record 50-plus assists in their first season.
• Combining Bufkin (64 assists, 31 steals) and McDaniel (83 assists, 24 steals), the Maize and Blue duo has nearly half of U-M’s 287 assists (147) and 114 steals (55).
• With a total of 141 rebounds (22 games), Terrance Williams II has surpassed the combined total of his first two seasons in Ann Arbor (119; 52 games). He is second on U-M with his career-best average (6.4 rpg). He has four games with 10-plus boards including a career-best 13 at Maryland (Jan. 19).
• Tying his season-high 14 points at Northwestern, Joey Baker recorded his 99th, 100th and 101st career three-pointers. The 100th came on a four-point play, after he was fouled on his landing after launching a high arcing three that fell.
The University of Michigan basketball team (12-10, 6-5 B1G) will begin a three-game Big Ten homestand hosting Ohio State (11-11; 3-8 B1G) on Sunday (Feb. 5) in a nationally broadcast game on CBS.
COURTESY MICHIGAN ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS