JAN. 23, 2023 II SCOTIABANK SADDLEDOME II AT CALGARY FLAMES
TV: ESPN+/Hulu John Buccigross (play-by-play), Ray Ferraro (analyst), Leah Hextall (reporter)
Radio: 97.1 The Fan Bob McElligott (play-by-play), Dylan Tyrer (host)
« D Rasmus Andersson, who has registered 1-3-4 in his last two games, leads team blueliners in goals, assists and points with 7-26-33 in 33 contests in 2022-23.
« C Nazem Kadri has 5-5-10 in his last 11 outings and leads the Flames in goals and ranks third in points with 18-18-36 in 47 games in his first season with the club.
« C Elias Lindholm, who leads Calgary in assists and points with 14-28-42 in 46 games this season, has posted points in eight of his last 11 contests (3-7-10).
« The Blue Jackets have gone 33-24-7 in 64 all-time meetings vs. the Flames, including 14-14-3 on the road.
« Columbus snapped a six-game losing streak in the series (0-5-1) with the 3-1 win at Nationwide Arena last month.
« CBJ have posted points in 11 of the last 14 games at Calgary dating back to Jan. 8, 2010 (9-3-2).
« The winning team has recorded three or more goals in eight-straight in the series and four-plus in five of those outings.
« CBJ have recorded five of the 12 shutouts in the all-time series with the Flames recording the last two (MR: Markstrom 23 saves in 6-0 win at CBJ on Jan. 26, 2022).
« Columbus has killed off all 14 Calgary power play opportunities over the last six games in the series.
« The Blue Jackets have recorded three of the four hat tricks with Cam Atkinson recording the most recent one on Dec. 4, 2018 (9-6 L at CBJ).
« Dec. 9, 2022 – at CBJ 3, CGY 1
« Jan. 23, 2023 – at Calgary (9:30 p.m. ET)
Player Notables vs. Flames
« G Joonas Korpisalo – 1-2-1 with 2.22 GAA and .927 SV% in 6 career GP, including a 1-0-1 record with a 1.92 GAA and .941 SV% in two career games at Calgary.
« LW Patrik Laine – 6-3-9 in 13 career GP, including points in four of his last five games vs. the club (3-3-6).
« LW Gustav Nyquist – 5-7-12 in 17 career GP, including points in seven of his eight career games at Calgary (3-6-9).
BLUE JACKETS TEAM NOTES
- Columbus kicks off a second-straight four-games in six days stretch on Monday at Calgary. The club visits the Flames, Oilers, Canucks and Kraken between January 23-28.
- The Blue Jackets kicked off a stretch of seven consecutive contests against the Western Conference last Tuesday. After facing the Central Division’s Predators, the team plays six-straight against the Pacific Division from January 19-28. CBJ are 4-1-1 against the Pacific Division in 2022-23.
- CBJ rank third-T in the NHL in penalty kill percentage since January 12, killing off 17-of-18 opponent power plays over the last six games (94.4 pct.).
- Columbus blueliners have registered 5-9-14 in the last seven contests and have combined for 21-50-71 in 46 games during the 2022-23 season.
- The Blue Jackets are tied with Nashville with a League-high 24 different players to score a goal this season.
- CBJ rookies have combined for 11-12-22 over the last 15 games. They lead all NHL teams in goals and rank second in points with 24-30-54 in 46 contests in 2022-23.
- The Jackets play their fourth and final Monday game of the season (0-2-1).
BLUE JACKETS PLAYER NOTES
- D Nick Blankenburg collected his first career multi-assist game and third career multi-point effort with two assists against San Jose. He has registered 1-3-4 in his last five contests and has collected 3-4-7 in 13 outings in 2022-23.
- LW Johnny Gaudreau registered his team-leading 12th multi-point effort of the season with 1-1-2 vs. the Sharks. He has collected assists in two-straight games (1-2-3) and has 2-4-6 in his past six outings. He leads the team in goals (tied), assists and points with 13-31-44 in 46 contests and was named to his first NHL All-Star Game as a Blue Jacket and seventh in his career. He is slated to play in his first game at Scotiabank Saddledome as an opponent on Monday after racking up 122-215-337 in 301 career home games with the Flames.
- C Kent Johnson picked up his third multi-point effort of the campaign with two assists on Saturday. He ranks sixth among NHL rookies in goals (tied) and points and ninth in points-per-game (min. 20 GP) with 8-13-21 in 43 contests (.49 Pt/GP).
- G Joonas Korpisalo is 3-3-0 with a 2.72 GAA and .923 SV% in his last eight games dating back to December 9 and ranks 10th-T in the NHL in save percentage over that span.
- LW Patrik Laine has picked up assists in two consecutive games and has 4-5-9 in his last seven contests after registering 1-1-2 against the Sharks. He has tallied 11-10-21 in 23 contests since December 1 to raise his season totals to 13-12-25 in 31 contests.
- RW Kirill Marchenko ranks fourth-T among NHL rookie goal scorers in 2022-23 with 9-0-9 in 23 games but leads League rookies in goals and ranks seventh-T in points since making his NHL debut on December 6.
- W Gustav Nyquist tallied his second game-winning goal of the season and added an assist for his fifth multi-point effort. He has registered 2-2-4 in his last four games.
- C Jack Roslovic has collected points in five-straight contests (1-5-6), one game shy of tying his career high (twice, MR: 5-2-7 from Apr. 17-28, 2022). He has picked up 3-17-20 in 25 outings since December 1 after totaling 1-5-6 in his first 18 games of the campaign.
BLUE JACKETS MILESTONES
- D Gavin Bayreuther is 10 games from 100 for his NHL career (5-14-19, 90 GP).
- C Boone Jenner (156-151-307, 624 GP) is four games from surpassing Cam Atkinson (213-189-402, 627 GP) for the second-most games played in CBJ history.
- LW Gustav Nyquist is two games from 700 for his NHL career (174-249-423, 698 GP).
- Equipment Manager Jamie Healy is three games from 2,000 for his pro hockey career.
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
- D Jake Bean (shoulder) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 17); out 4-to-6 months (31 games)
- RW Yegor Chinakhov (ankle) is on Injured Reserve (Dec. 20); out indefinitely (15 games)
- C/RW Justin Danforth (torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Oct. 25); 6 months (40 games)
- RW Carson Meyer (oblique strain) is on Injured Reserve (Jan. 10); 6-to-8 weeks (6 games)
- LW Jakub Voracek (upper body) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 4); out indefinitely (35 games)
- D Zach Werenski (shoulder separation/torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 10); out 6 months (33 games)
TOTAL MAN GAMES LOST: 309
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS