Musketeers are shooting for their 11th-straight win.
CINCINNATI — The No. 12 Xavier University Musketeers, 14-3 overall and 6-0 in the BIG EAST Conference, take a 10-game winning streak into Sunday’s noon game vs. No. 25 Marquette, 14-4 overall and 6-1 in the BIG EAST. MU comes in with a five-game winning streak.
Sunday’s sold-out game at Cintas Center will be broadcast on FOX National and 700 WLW.
NO. 12/11 XAVIER UNIVERSITY MUSKETEERS (14-3, 6-0 BIG EAST)
NO. 25/23 MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY GOLDEN EAGLES (14-4, 6-1 BIG EAST)
SUNDAY, JAN. 15, 2023 AT NOON ET
AT CINTAS CENTER (10,224) IN CINCINNATI, OHIO
TV, RADIO, LIVE STATS
Television: FOX National, including FOX 19 in Cincinnati, with play by-play from Jason Benetti and analysis from Bill Raftery.
Radio: 700 WLW with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer Joe Sunderman (’79) and analysis from XU all-time leading scorer and Hall of Famer Byron Larkin (’88). XU broad- cast also available on Sirius XM channel 85 or 203 and 966 on the SXM App.
Live Stats: Media stats at Statbroadcast.com and fan stats at GoXavier.com.
THE X FACTORS
Xavier, 14-3 overall, won its 10th-straight game on Wednesday, 90-87 over Creighton. This equals Xavier’s longest win streak since XU started the 2015-16 season at 12-0.
• Xavier is 12th in this week’s AP Poll and 11th in the USA Today Coaches Poll. XU is No. 19 in the NCAA’s NET ranking and No. 20 in the KenPom rankings.
• Xavier, in its 10th BIG EAST season, is off to its best start ever in BIG EAST play at 6-0.
• Xavier is 4-0 in true road games this season, including 3-0 in BIG EAST play.
• Xavier’s balanced scoring attack boasts four players in the top 20 in the BIG EAST:
Souley Boum (first at 17.7 ppg.), Zach Freemantle and Jack Nunge (tied for 13th at 14.7 ppg.) and Colby Jones (16th at 14.4 ppg.). Adam Kunkel is also in double figures at 10 ppg.
• Xavier leads the nation in assists per game at 21.1 apg. In addition, XU leads the BIG EAST and is third in the nation in overall field goal percentage (.510) and is first in the BIG EAST and fourth in the nation in 3-point field goal percentage (.409). XU leads the BIG EAST in scoring at 84.4 ppg., which ranks ninth in the nation.
• Xavier graduate student Souley Boum, who has scored in double figures in each of the last 15 games, contributed 48 points (16-17 free throws) combined over the last two wins to go with 15 rebounds and 14 assists. He leads the BIG EAST in scoring at 17.7 ppg. He is second on the team in assists (seventh in the BIG EAST at 4.9 apg.).
• Xavier junior Colby Jones leads XU in assists at 5.5 apg. (third in the BIG EAST and 21st in the nation) to go with 14.4 ppg.
• Xavier grad student Jack Nunge is tied for second on the team in scoring at 14.7 ppg. (13th in the BIG EAST) and is second on the team in rebounding at 7.5 rpg. (seventh in the BIG EAST). Nunge had 12 rebounds, including eight offensive, vs. Creighton.
• Xavier senior Zach Freemantle leads the team in rebounding at 8.1 rpg. (fourth in the BIG EAST) and is tied for second in scoring at 14.7 ppg. (tied for 13th in the BIG EAST).
COURTESY XAVIER ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS