MUNCIE, Ind. – In the 17th game of the season, Miami (7-10, 1-3 MAC) fell to Ball State (12-5, 3-1 MAC) 75-61 Saturday afternoon at Worthen Arena. Mekhi Lairy led the RedHawks with 17 points. Anderson Mirambeaux scored 14 points and added nine rebounds. Jaylin Sellers and Demarius Jacobs led the Cardinals with 15 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Ball State got off to an early double-digit lead at 19-5. Miami continued to trail 24-9 with 11:27 to play in the first half. The RedHawks were able to use a 9-1 run to bring the score within seven points at 25-18. A pair of layups from Mirambeaux, a three-point field goal from Morgan Safford, and a dunk from Kamari Williams propelled the offense.
- Ball State continued to find their offensive rhythm, going into halftime with a 47-30 lead after Lairy tipped the ball into the basket heading into the intermission.
- A Mirambeaux hook shot and Williams layup brought the score to 47-34 at the beginning of the second half. Ball State maintained a double-digit lead for the majority of the half, despite multiple attempts to shrink the lead from the Red and White.
- Miami came within eight points after Billy Smith converted a layup plus the foul, and Mirambeaux recorded a layup to bring the score to 63-55 with five minutes left in the game. Ball State stayed resilient, outscoring the RedHawks 12-6 to close out the game with a 75-61 win.
- Lairy had the game-high 17 points.
- Jaquel Morris tied the game-high 2 blocks.
- Mirambeaux notched the team-high nine rebounds.
COURTESY MIAMI ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS