Ohio State vs. Alabama A&M
Date: December 29, 2022
Time: 3 p.m.
Venue: Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
Game Notes: Ohio State |
Rosters: Ohio State | Alabama A&M
Season Stats: Ohio State | Alabama A&M
TICKETS: Season, single-game, group and mini plans are available men’s basketball games this season. Visit OhioStateBuckeyes.com or call the Ohio State Athletics Ticket Office in the Schottenstein Center at 1-800-GOBUCKS.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State completes the non-conference portion of the schedule on Thursday with an afternoon matinee against visiting Alabama A&M. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. at Value City Arena inside the Schottenstein Center and it will be televised on BTN. Kevin Kugler and Bruce Weber will call the action.
- This will be the first meeting all-time between the two programs. The Buckeyes are 10-0 all-time against current teams from the Southwestern Athletic Conference.
- Ohio State has won 25 consecutive home games vs. non-conference opponents, which is the longest current streak in the Big Ten.
- Ohio State enters the game at 8-3 overall on the season and looking to stay perfect at home. The Buckeyes are 6-0 at home, including a win over Rutgers on Dec. 8 in the Big Ten opener.
- Ohio State enters the week at No. 15 in the NET rankings and boasts the third-most efficient offense in the country according to Kenpom. The Buckeyes are shooting 49.1 percent as a team, which is second in the Big Ten and averaging 80.9 ppg which is also second-best in the conference.
- The Buckeyes are 8-0 this season when out-rebounding its opponents and are 13th in the country in rebounding margin at +9.1 per game. They are second in the conference in pulling-down 12.8 offensive rebounds per game, led by Zed Key who is 16th nationally with 3.6 offensive boards per game.
- Alabama A&M enters Thursday’s game at 4-8 overall. This will be the Bulldogs’ third-consecutive game against a Power 5 opponent. They fell at Illinois 68-47 on Dec. 17 and then led late before falling at Vanderbilt last Thursday, 70-62. AA&M has made 98 three-pointers on the year and is fourth-best in the country at 41.0 percent from beyond the arc.
- Freshman Brice Sensabaugh has been named the Big Ten Freshman of the Week in each of the last two weeks. The Orlando, Fla., native led the Buckeyes with 22 points vs. North Carolina in Madison Square Garden on Dec. 17 and then paced the team with 19 points, seven rebounds and a season-high seven assists vs. Maine last Wednesday. He is the fourth Buckeye to earn FOW honors in back-to-back weeks.
- The Buckeyes are coming off a hot-shooting performance against Maine last Wednesday. Ohio State shot 69.0 percent in the second half and 61.2 percent for the game. The 61.2 percent shooting was the best performance in a game in over five years.
COURTESY OSU ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS