DEC. 20, 2022 II WELLS FARGO CENTER II at PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
TV: Bally Sports Ohio Jeff Rimer (play-by-play), Jody Shelley (analyst), Dave Maetzold (reporter)
Radio: 97.1 The Fan Bob McElligott (play-by-play), Dylan Tyrer (host)
« G Carter Hart owns a 9-9-6 record with a 2.82 GAA and .913 SV% in 24 contests in 2022-23
« RW Travis Konecny leads the club in goals and ranks second in assists and points with 12-14-26 in 26 contests and has racked up 8-14-22 in 20 career outings vs. CBJ
« LW James van Riemsdyk has posted goals in three of his last four games (3-3-6) and has totaled 11-9-20 in 26 career contests against the Blue Jackets
« Columbus is 25-15-5 in 45 all-time meetings vs. Philadelphia, including 10-11-1 on the road.
« The Blue Jackets have gone 23-9-2 vs. the Flyers since the start of the 2013-14 season and have picked up points in five of the last six meetings (4-1-1).
« CBJ have won two-straight at Philadelphia and are 5-2-0 in the last seven played in Pennsylvania dating back to Mar. 15, 2018.
« The winning team has scored four or more goals in 12 of the past 14 games overall dating back to Mar. 15, 2018, including six of the last seven played at Philadelphia.
« The Blue Jackets own three of the five shutouts in the all-time series, including the most recent one by Sergei Bobrovsky on Mar. 25, 2017 (36 saves in 1-0 win at CBJ).
« Columbus owns the lone hat trick in the all-time series when Cam Atkinson scored three in a 5-3 win at Philadelphia on Mar. 15, 2018.
« Nov. 10, 2022 – at CBJ 5, PHI 2
« Nov. 15, 2022 – at CBJ 5, PHI 4 (OT)
« Dec. 20, 2022 – at Philadelphia (7 p.m. ET)
« Apr. 11, 2023 – at Philadelphia (7 p.m. ET)
Player Notables vs. Philadelphia
« LW Johnny Gaudreau – 6-14-20 in 15 career GP, including points in 12 of contests with four three-point efforts
« D Vladislav Gavrikov – 1-4-5 in 8 career GP, including points in two of his last three games (1-2-3) after picking up the OT winner and adding an assist in the November 15 contest
« LW Patrik Laine – 4-4-8 in 12 career GP, including goals in two of his last three games at Philadelphia (2-0-2)
« LW Eric Robinson – 2-3-5 in 9 career GP with all of his points recorded in the last four meetings
BLUE JACKETS TEAM NOTES
- Columbus fell for a fourth-straight game and moved to 7-10-2 in the last 19 games following a 2-1 loss to Dallas on Monday.
- The club plays two more road games prior to the NHL’s three-day holiday break (December 24-26) following Monday’s home contest. The Blue Jackets are in part of a stretch of six-of-eight contests away from Nationwide Arena from December 13-29.
- The Blue Jackets have scored multiple power play goals in two of the last five games (4-of-13; 30.8 pct.) and are 12-of-53 on the power play since November 5 (22.6).
- Columbus concludes its sixth of 16 back-to-back sets of the season at Philadelphia on Tuesday. The club is 2-3-0 in second games of back-to-back sets this season.
- CBJ blueliners have collected 13-34-47 in 31 games in 2022-23.
- Columbus has had 22 different players score a goal this season and is tied with Detroit and Florida for the most players on a single team in the NHL with a goal.
- Blue Jackets rookies have combined for 13-18-31 in 31 games in 2022-23 and rank second-T among NHL team rookies in goals and fifth-T in points.
- CBJ play their third of seven-straight Tuesday games when they visit Philadelphia. The club plays 19 games on Tuesdays in 2022-23.
BLUE JACKETS PLAYER NOTES
- LW Johnny Gaudreau collected his team-leading ninth multi-point effort of the season with two assists on Saturday and has registered 3-12-15 with points in eight of his last 12 contests. He ranks fifth in the NHL in assists and ninth-T in points since November 10 with 5-19-24 in 19 contests. The six-time NHL All-Star ranks third in the League in assists and points for the 2022 calendar year with 38-77-115 in 84 contests with Calgary and Columbus.
- C Boone Jenner, who is expected to miss approximately four weeks following thumb surgery on Tuesday, collected points in seven of his last 10 games (3-5-8) and notched 10-8-18 in his past 20 contests since November 4.
- C Kent Johnson ranks fourth-T among NHL rookies in goals, sixth-T in points and seventh-T in points-per-game (min. 15 GP) with 7-8-15 in 28 contests (.54 ppg) after scoring Columbus’ lone goal against Dallas.
- LW/RW Patrik Laine recorded his fifth multi-point effort of the season with 1-1-2 at Boston on Saturday. He ranks fourth-T in the NHL in goals in the month of December with 7-4-11 in 10 outings.
- RW Kirill Marchenko has recorded goals in two of his last five contests, including his first career NHL goal on Dec. 11 vs. Los Angeles.
- C Jack Roslovic has collected 2-7-9 in his last 10 outings after picking up an assist against the Stars.
- G Daniil Tarasov turned aside 32-of-33 shots against the Stars (.970 SV%) andis 2-4-1 with a 2.60 GAA and .923 SV% in his last eight NHL games since Oct. 23.
BLUE JACKETS MILESTONES
- RW Yegor Chinakhov is nine games from 100 for his NHL career (11-16-27, 91 GP).
- G Joonas Korpisalo is six games from 200 for his NHL career (80-72-22, 194 GP).
- LW/RW Patrik Laine is eight points from 100 for his CBJ career (45-47-92, 119 GP).
- C Jack Roslovic is two assists from 100 for his NHL career (63-98-161, 337 GP) and six points from 100 for his CBJ career (37-57-94, 157 GP).
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
- D Jake Bean (shoulder) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 17); out 4-to-6 months (16 games)
- D Nick Blankenburg (ankle) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 10); 6-to-8 weeks (18 games)
- D Adam Boqvist (broken foot) is on Injured Reserve (Oct. 26); 6-weeks (23 games)
- C/RW Justin Danforth (torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Oct. 25); 6 months (25 games)
- C Boone Jenner (fractured thumb) is on Injured Reserve (Dec. 19); 4-weeks (1 game)
- G Joonas Korpisalo (lower body) is on Injured Reserve (Dec. 10); 1-to-2 weeks (5 games)
- C Cole Sillinger (upper body) is day-to-day (1 game)
- LW Jakub Voracek (upper body) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 4); out indefinitely (20 games)
- D Zach Werenski (shoulder separation/torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 10); out 6 months (18 games)
TOTAL MAN GAMES LOST: 186
COURTESY CBJ COMMUNICATIONS