DEC. 13, 2022 II FLA LIVE ARENA II at FLORIDA PANTHERS
TV: ESPN+, HULU Mike Monaco (play-by-play), Brian Boucher (analyst), Dom Moore (between the benches)
Radio: 97.1 The Fan Bob McElligott (play-by-play), Dylan Tyrer (host)
« D Brandon Montour leads team blueliners in goals, assists and points with 5-17-22 in 27 contests this season
« LW Matthew Tkachuk, who posted a goal in the first meeting this season, has racked up 13-24-37 in his first 27 games with the Panthers after being acquired in an offseason trade from Calgary
« C Carter Verhaeghe leads the team in goals and ranks second in points with 15-9-24 in 29 outings
« Columbus is 26-15-4 in 45 all-time meetings vs. Florida, including 10-11-1 on the road.
« The Blue Jackets have won the last two meetings in the series, a 5-3 win at Nationwide Arena on November 20 earlier this season and a 6-3 victory at FLA Live Arena on February 24, 2022.
« The victory at FLA Live Arena snapped a six-game road losing streak in the series for the club.
« The winning team has scored four or more goals in nine of the last 10 games of the series overall and 10 of the last 11 in Florida.
« Columbus has scored a power play goal in three of the last five meetings overall (4-of-11; 36.4 pct.).
« CBJ have killed off 37-of-39 Florida power play chances over the last 22 road games in the series (94.9 pct.).
« Columbus owns three of the seven shutouts in the all-time series with Florida’s Chris Driedger registering the most recent one with 32 saves in a 3-0 win on Apr. 4, 2021 at Florida.
« Each team has recorded two hat tricks in the all-time series with the Panthers notching the two most recent ones, including three goals by Sam Reinhart in an 8-4 win over CBJ on Jan. 31, 2022.
« Nov. 20, 2022 – at CBJ 5, FLA 3
« Dec. 13, 2022 – at Florida (7 p.m. ET)
« Apr. 1, 2023 – at COLUMBUS (7 p.m. ET)
Player Notables vs. Florida
« LW Johnny Gaudreau – 6-11-17 in 15 career GP, including points in four-straight games played (3-7-10) and six of his last seven appearances (3-9-12) after notching a goal and two assists on November 20
« C Boone Jenner – 11-8-19 in 30 career GP, including goals in three of his last four contests vs. the club
« LW Gustav Nyquist – 11-9-20 in 33 career GP, including 2-4-6 with two multi-point efforts in his last six games
BLUE JACKETS TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets won their second-straight game and improved to 7-6-2 in the last 15 games overall following a 6-5 overtime victory over the Los Angeles Kings on Sunday.
- The club, which is 1-1-1 in its last three road games, begins a three-game road trip and a stretch of six-of-eight contests away from Nationwide Arena from December 13-29.
- After playing back-to-back games against the Pacific Division, the club plays three-straight against the Atlantic Division.
- CBJ blueliners combined for 0-3-3 on Sunday and have collected 13-32-45 in 27 games this season to rank 12th-T in NHL in goals.
- Columbus has had 22 different players score a goal this season following Kirill Marchenko’s first of his NHL career on Sunday. It’s tied with Detroit for the most players on a single team in the NHL with a goal.
- Blue Jackets rookies have combined for 11-17-28 in 27 games in 2022-23 and rank fourth-T among NHL team rookies in goals and fifth in points.
BLUE JACKETS PLAYER NOTES
- RW Yegor Chinakhov has collected assists in two of the last three contests and has 2-5-7 in his past 13 games played. He has already set a single-season career high in assists with 4-9-13 in 26 outings this season (7-7-14 in 62 games in 2021-22).
- LW Johnny Gaudreau collected his team-leading fourth three-point outing and eighth multi-point effort with 1-2-3, including the overtime winner, on Sunday. He has registered 3-10-13 with points in seven of his last eight contests. The six-time NHL All-Star leads the NHL in assists and ranks fifth in points since November 10 with 5-17-22 in 15 contests.
- C Boone Jenner has collected points in six of his last seven games (2-5-7) after notching a power play goal against the Kings. He has registered 9-8-17 in his last 17 contests since November 4.
- C Kent Johnson has collected 3-5-8 in his last 13 games after picking up an assist against the Kings. He ranks fourth-T among NHL rookies in goals and sixth-T in points and points-per-game (min. 15 GP) with 6-8-14 in 24 contests (.58 ppg).
- LW/RW Patrik Laine registered his first three-point effort of the season with 1-2-3 and now has goals in three-straight games (4-2-6) and points in four consecutive contests (4-3-7). The forward ranks third-T in the NHL in goals in the month of December and fourth-T in points with 6-3-9 in six outings.
- RW Kirill Marchenko registered his first career NHL goal on Sunday, becoming the third CBJ player to record their first NHL goal this season (Johnson, Marcus Bjork).
- LW Gustav Nyquist has collected 3-6-9 in his last 14 contests.
- C Jack Roslovic notched his third career four-point game with 2-2-4 on Sunday to extend his points/assists streak to three consecutive contests (2-4-6) and give him 2-6-8 in his last six outings. He tallied 2-1-3 in the second period, matching the franchise record for most points in a period (47th time; MR: Sean Kuraly with 2-1-3 on 11/17/22 vs. MTL). The forward also recorded both a power play goal and shorthanded goal in the second frame, which is the ninth time in franchise history a player has scored a PPG/SHG in the same game (MR: Kristian Huselius, 11/19/09 at DAL) and fourth time it has been accomplished in a single period (MR: Rick Nash: second period on 1/27/09 vs. DET).
BLUE JACKETS MILESTONES
- RW Yegor Chinakhov is 12 games from 100 for his NHL career (11-16-27, 88 GP).
- G Joonas Korpisalo is six games from 200 for his NHL career (80-72-22, 194 GP).
- LW/RW Patrik Laine is 10 points from 100 for his CBJ career (44-46-90, 115 GP).
- C Jack Roslovic is three assists from 100 for his NHL career (63-97-160, 333 GP) and seven points from 100 for his CBJ career (37-56-93, 153 GP).
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
- D Jake Bean (shoulder) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 17); out 4-to-6 months (12 games)
- D Nick Blankenburg (ankle) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 10); 6-to-8 weeks (14 games)
- D Adam Boqvist (broken foot) is on Injured Reserve (Oct. 26); 6-weeks (19 games)
- C/RW Justin Danforth (torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Oct. 25); 6 months (21 games)
- G Joonas Korpisalo (lower body) is on Injured Reserve (Dec. 10); 1-to-2 weeks (1 game)
- LW Jakub Voracek (upper body) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 4); out indefinitely (16 games)
- D Zach Werenski (shoulder separation/torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 10); out 6 months (14 games)
TOTAL MAN GAMES LOST: 155
COURTESY CBJ COMMUNICATIONS