NOV. 23, 2022 II NATIONWIDE ARENA II vs. MONTREAL CANADIENS
TV: Bally Sports Ohio Jeff Rimer (play-by-play), Jody Shelley (analyst), Dave Maetzold (reporter)
Radio: 971. The Fan* Bob McElligott (play-by-play), Dylan Tyrer (host)
*CBJ contest may be carried on 105.7 FM pending outcome of OSU men’s basketball game on Tuesday
« Columbus is 20-12-4 in 36 all-time meetings vs. Montreal, including 10-5-1 at home.
« The Blue Jackets have won five of the last six season series and have gone 13-4-2 vs. the Canadiens since 2015-16.
« CBJ have recorded points in eight-straight games of the series (7-0-1) and have won six-straight since Nov. 19, 2019. The club has outscored Montreal 36-18 over the eight game points streak.
« Columbus has won four consecutive home games against Montreal and is 8-1-0 in the last nine at Nationwide Arena dating back to Jan. 25, 2016.
« The Jackets have killed off 25-of-27 Canadiens power play attempts over the last 11 meetings (92.6 pct.).
« CBJ own four of the five shutouts in the all-time series but the Canadiens’ Carey Price posted the most recent one on Feb. 28, 2018 (1-0 OTW at Montreal).
« Columbus’ Cam Atkinson scored the lone hat trick in the all-time series on Jan. 25, 2016 in a 5-2 win at CBJ.
« Nov. 17, 2022 – at CBJ 6, MTL 4
« Nov. 23, 2022 – at COLUMBUS (7 p.m. ET)
« Mar. 25, 2023 – at Montreal (7 p.m. ET)
Player Notables vs. Montreal
« LW Johnny Gaudreau – 6-16-22 in 24 career GP, including 3-4-7 and points in six of his last seven outings overall and points in five consecutive home contests (3-3-6)
« C Boone Jenner – 6-7-13 in 20 career GP, including 3-5-8 in eight career home games after posting 1-1-2 last Thursday
« G Joonas Korpisalo – 5-1-0 with a 2.67 GAA and .919 SV% in 6 career GP, including 3-0-0 with a .917 SV% in his last three outings
« LW Gustav Nyquist – 7-12-19 in 31 career GP, including points in five-straight home games played (2-4-6) and 4-8-12 in his last 12 contests overall after scoring last Thursday
« C Jack Roslovic – 4-2-6 in 9 career GP, including 2-1-3 in four career home contests
BLUE JACKETS TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets are 4-1-1 in the last six games overall and 4-1-0 in their past five home games following a 5-3 victory over the Panthers on Sunday.
- Tomorrow’s contest continues a season-high six-game homestand for the Blue Jackets from November 15-25 (3-1-0). It’s part of a stretch of eight-of-10 games played at Nationwide Arena from November 10-28.
- Thursday’s game concludes a stretch of four consecutive games against Atlantic Division teams from November 17-23 (2-1-0).
- Columbus has scored 25 goals in its past six games (4.17 per game), lighting the lamp at least five times in four of those contests.
- CBJ blueliners, who combined for 0-2-2 in Sunday’s win, have collected 7-18-25 in the last 12 outings and 11-24-35 in 18 games this season (fifth-T in NHL in goals).
- Columbus has had 20 different players score a goal this season, which is tied for the second-most in the NHL with Boston and trailing only Detroit (21).
- Blue Jackets rookies have combined for 7-12-19 in 18 games in 2022-23, ranking second-T among NHL team rookies in goals and fifth in points.
- CBJ rank third-T in the NHL in power play percentage in the month of November, converting on 6-of-18 chances in eight games (33.3 pct.).
BLUE JACKETS PLAYER NOTES
- RW Emil Bemstrom has points in two-straight games (1-1-2) after collecting an assist on Sunday and has picked up 2-2-4 in his last five contests.
- RW Yegor Chinakhov tallied a goal on Sunday and has recorded 1-3-4 in his last five games. He has already tied his single season career high in assists with 3-7-10 in 18 outings this season (7-7-14 in 62 games in 2021-22).
- LW Johnny Gaudreau recorded his second three-point effort of the season with 1-2-3 on Sunday to stretch his assists streak to four-straight (1-5-6) and now has 2-8-9 in the last eight contests. He ranks sixth-T in the NHL in scoring in home games with 7-9-16 in 12 contests.
- Boone Jenner registered a goal on Sunday to stretch his points streak to four consecutive contests (4-2-6) and six consecutive home outings (7-2-9). He currently ranks sixth in the NHL in goals scored at home with 8-5-13 in 12 contests and is sixth-T in goals scored in the month of November (7).
- C Kent Johnson has 1-2-3 in his last four games after notching a goal on Sunday. He ranks third among NHL rookies in goals and points (tied) and fourth in points-per-game (min. 6 GP) with 4-5-9 in 15 contests (.60 ppg).
- G Joonas Korpisalo had his four-game points streak (3-0-1) snapped in Saturday’s loss to Detroit.
- C Sean Kuraly has recorded goals in three of his last four games (4-1-5) after tallying his first career shorthanded goal on Sunday vs. Florida. The forward has registered six (5-1-6) of his nine points (6-3-9) in the month of November.
- LW Eric Robinson has registered assists in three of his last four contests (1-3-4).
BLUE JACKETS MILESTONES
- D Erik Gudbranson is one point from 100 for his NHL career (27-72-99, 658 GP).
- C Boone Jenner is two points from 300 for his NHL career (152-146-298, 607 GP).
- C Sean Kuraly is seven games from 100 for his CBJ career (20-19-39, 93 GP).
- C Jack Roslovic is nine assists from 100 for his NHL career (61-91-152, 324 GP).
- C Cole Sillinger is three games from 100 for his NHL career (18-18-36, 97 GP).
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
- D Jake Bean (shoulder) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 17); out indefinitely (3 games)
- D Nick Blankenburg (ankle) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 10); 6-to-8 weeks (5 games)
- D Adam Boqvist (broken foot) is on Injured Reserve (Oct. 26); 6-weeks; (10 games)
- C/RW Justin Danforth (torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Oct. 25); 6 months (12 games)
- LW Patrik Laine (ankle) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 12); 3-to-4 weeks (4 games)
- G Elvis Merzlikins (hip); 1-to-2 weeks (3 games)
- C Jack Roslovic (illness); day-to-day (2 games)
- LW Jakub Voracek (upper body) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 4); out indefinitely (7 games)
- D Zach Werenski (shoulder separation/torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 10); rest of regular season (5 games)
TOTAL MAN GAMES LOST: 89
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS