GAME AT A GLANCE
1st – Daniil Tarasov, CBJ (stopped 47-of-50 shots); 2nd – Johnny Gaudreau, CBJ (1-2-3); 3rd – Boone Jenner, CBJ (1-0-1)
Columbus: Y. Chinakhov (3), PP – K. Johnson (4), SHG – S. Kuraly (6), J. Gaudreau (7), PP – B. Jenner (8)
Florida: M. Tkachuk (8), A. Ekblad (2), C. White (5)
Columbus: D. Tarasov (47 saves, W)
Florida: S. Bobrovsky (18 saves, L)
Columbus PP: 2-for-2, 3 shots
Florida PP: 0-for-3, 5 shots
BLUE JACKETS NOTE OF THE GAME
« C Boone Jenner scored a power play goal to extend his points streak to four-straight games (4-2-6) and six consecutive home outings (7-2-9). He now has 7-3-10 in the last eight contests overall. The forward also improved to 11-8-19 in 30 career games against Florida, including goals in three of his last four contests vs. the club.
BLUE JACKETS TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets improved to 4-1-1 in the last six games with tonight’s victory over the Panthers. The club is also now 4-1-0 in the last five games at Nationwide Arena.
- Columbus won for a second consecutive game against the Panthers, improving to 2-7-1 in the last 10 games of the series, while also snapping a three-game losing streak at Nationwide Arena vs. the club (0-2-1).
- The winning team in the series has scored four-plus goals in nine of the last 10 games and three-plus goals in 20 of the past 21 contests (incl. SO goals).
- Columbus killed off all three of the Panthers’ power play attempts tonight and have now killed off 33-of-38 attempts in the last 14 meetings vs. the club (86.8 pct.).
- With a goal from C Kent Johnson and an assist from D Marcus Bjork, the club’s rookies have now combined for 7-12-19 in 18 games.
- CBJ recorded two power play goals for the first time this season and now have power play goals in five of eight games in November (33.3 pct. 6-of-18). The club finished 2-of-2 on the power play for the seventh time in franchise history and first time since Mar. 25, 2022 at Winnipeg.
- With 0-2-2 in tonight’s game, CBJ blueliners have now combined for 7-18-25 in the last 12 outings and 11-24-35 in 18 contests this season.
- Columbus scored a goal in all three periods for the fourth time this season (MR: Nov. 15 vs. PHI, 5-4 OTW).
- The Blue Jackets have recorded 16 multi-goal periods this season, including scoring three in the third period tonight.
- CBJ concluded their fourth of 16 back-to-back sets and improved to 2-2-0 in the second game of the set (2-6-0 overall).
BLUE JACKETS PLAYER NOTES
« The Blue Jackets were led by LW Johnny Gaudreau and C Boone Jenner in shots (3) and C Sean Kuraly and D Erik Gudbranson inhits (7).
« LW Johnny Gaudreau recorded his fourth multi-point effort, and second three-point outing of the campaign with 1-2-3 to extend his points streak to four-straight games (1-5-6) and now has 2-8-10 in the last eight contests. He improved to 6-10-16 in 15 career games vs. the Panthers, including points in four-straight contests (3-7-10) and six of his last seven appearances (3-9-12).
« RW Yegor Chinakhov scored a goal and now has 1-3-4 in the past five games (overall 3-7-10 in 18 GP).
« C Sean Kuraly notched his first career shorthanded goal to give him 5-1-6 in his last six games played.
« RW Emil Bemstrom tallied an assist to give him points in two-straight games (1-1-2) and 2-2-4 in six games since making his season debut on Nov. 10 vs. Philadelphia.
« LW Eric Robinson registered his fifth assist of the season and improved to 1-3-4 in the last four games (overall 2-5-7 in 17 GP).
« C Kent Johnson scored a goal to give him 1-2-3 in the last four games and 4-4-8 in his past 12 contests played (overall 4-5-9 in 15 GP).
« LW Gustav Nyquist tallied his fifth assist of the campaign, giving him 1-3-4 in the past five outings. He improved to 11-9-20 in 33 career games against Florida, including 2-4-6 with two multi-point efforts in his last six outings.
« D Marcus Bjork recorded an assist to give him 1-2-3 in five games since making his NHL debut on Nov. 12 at the NY Islanders.
« D Andrew Peeke registered his second assist of the season and now has 2-2-4 in 18 games.
« D Vladislav Gavrikov posted a game-high 25:36 of ice time and seven blocked shots, setting a single-game career-high in blocked shots in the process.
« G Daniil Tarasov stopped a season-high 47-of-50 shots, setting a new career-high in saves (previously 39 saves on Oct. 12, 2022 at CAR) for his second career victory. It was also tied for the second most by a Blue Jackets rookie in a single game (Steve Mason on Dec. 17, 2008), one save shy of the club record set by Pascal Leclaire on Jan. 14, 2006 vs. Florida (5-4 win at FLA).
BLUE JACKETS POST-GAME AUDIO INTERVIEWS
PANTHERS POST-GAME AUDIO INTERVIEWS
BLUE JACKETS UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Monday, Nov. 21 No Practice
Tuesday, Nov. 22 Practice – 11am ET at Nationwide Arena
Wednesday, Nov. 23 vs. Montreal – 7pm ET at Nationwide Arena
COURTESY CBJ COMMUNICATIONS