Game Time Is 1 P.M. ET
DAYTON — The University of Dayton men’s basketball team returns home Saturday, when the Flyers host Robert Morris. Game time is 11 p.m. ET.
Dayton is 2-1 after Tuesday’s 60-52 loss at UNLV. UD had a double-digit lead but was held without a field goal over the last five minutes. Koby Elvis led UD with 16 points (13 in the first half). Mike Sharavjamts added 14 on 4-of-6 shooting from beyond the arc.
The Flyers are ranked 21st in this week’s AP poll, 23rd in the Coaches poll, and are the preseason favorite in the Atlantic 10. Dayton returns all five starters from a team that finished 24-11, and tied for second in the A-10 with a 14-4 record.
Saturday’s game will be carried by WHIO Radio and televised on Spectrum News 1. Streaming audio, video and live stats will be available at DaytonFlyers.com.
• Mustapha Amzil was UD’s leading scorer in the first two games this season, coming off the bench to score 14 and 20 points (he shared honors with DaRon Holmes II vs. SMU).
• Toumani Camara has been a beast on the boards in 2022-23, with 11 vs. Lindenwood and a college career-high (Dayton and Georgia) 18 rebounds vs. SMU in the first two games. He had six in 12 minutes before being injured and not returning at UNLV.
• Anthony Grant is three wins away from being the 13th active African-American D-I coach to reach 300 wins. The others are Tommy Amaker, Mike Anderson, Rod Barnes, Ed Cooley, Mike Davis, Leonard Hamilton, Ron Hunter, James Jones, Ritchie McKay, Lorenzo Romar and Kelvin Sampson.
• DaRon Holmes II (first team), Toumani Camara (second team) and Malachi Smith (second team) were all named Preseason All-Atlantic 10 in a vote of the coaches and selected media this year. Holmes and Smith were also on the Preseason All-Defensive Team.
•.Holmes has been named to a pair of prestigious watch lists — the L.A. Athletic Club’s John Wooden Player of the Year, and the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame’s Karl Malone Award.
• Camara is this season’s team captain.
• Two Flyers made their season debut at UNLV — Koby Brea and Richard Amaefule (for Amaefule it was also his Dayton career debut). The only active player who has not yet played this season is Malachi Smith.
• Dayton returns 163 of a possible 175 starts, 90.0% of possible minutes played, 89,4% of the scoring, 88.2% of the rebounding, 97.0% of the blocked shots, 89.5% of the assists, 91.3% of threes made, 87.8% of free throws made, etc. from 2021-22.
• Dayton’s four A-10 regular season losses last year included three by a total of four points.
• UD makes its second-ever trip to the Battle4Atlantis next week, with games Nov. 23-25.
• The Flyers open with Wisconsin on Wednesday. Game time is 2:30 p.m. ET
• Dayton will play either Kansas or North Carolina State in the second game on Thanksgiving.
• UD will play either Butler, BYU, Tennessee or USC in its final Battle game on Friday.
COURTESY DAYTON MEDIA RELATIONS