The No. 14 University of Utah Football team is set for a Thursday night matchup in the Pacific Northwest, taking on the Washington State Cougars on Thursday, Oct. 27. The game will kick off at 8 p.m. MT, airing on FS1.
Fans can get behind the scenes views and live updates during all games this season on social media by following the Utes on Twitter (@Utah_Football | @UtahAthletics) and Instagram (@UtahFootball | @UtahAthletics), and by visiting www.UtahUtes.com. Fans can also search #GOUTES and #UBOYZ on social media for conversations about Utah Football.
ON THE ROAD
The Utes are 254-260-12 all-time when playing on the road, including a 24-24 record in regular season conference games since joining the Pac-12 – only losing four games in the Pac-12 on the road since 2019. Utah’s last win over Washington State in Pullman was in 2011 when Ute kicker Coleman Petersen kicked a 38-yard field goal in overtime to lift the Utes past the Cougars 30-27.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Utah’s game against the Cougars will be the Utes’ 100th as a member of the Pac-12 Conference.
• Utah is 10-4 in weeknight (Thursday/Friday) regular season Pac-12 games since joining the league in 2011.
• Head coach Kyle Whittingham is one win away from 150 career victories.
• Utah ranks 11th in the FBS in scoring offense, averaging 40.7 points per game.
• Through seven games, Utah’s defense leads the Pac-12 in first downs defense (122).
NEED TO KNOWS
• Utah is currently 56-43 (.565) all-time in Pac-12 games since joining the league in 2011.
• The Utes are 20-1 in regular season Pac-12 games when they score 40-or-more points.
• Through seven games, Utah leads the Pac-12 in first downs defense (122), passing yards allowed (208.1), punt return defense (2.33), time of possession (32:51) and total defense (350.1).
• Utah ranks 11th in the FBS in team passing efficiency (163.66), sitting in second in the Pac-12 with Utah’s defense ranking 10th nationally in passes intercepted (10).
• Utah ranked No. 7 in the Preseason AP Poll, the highest preseason ranking in program history.
• Utah has eight consecutive years of winning seasons, dating back to 2014. The Utes have finished with a winning season in 15 of Whittingham’s 17 years as head coach.
• Utah was picked to finish first in the Pac-12 in the preseason poll, receiving 26 first-place votes.
• The Utes have won the Pac-12 South Title four times (2021, 2019, 2018, shared title in 2015), including three in the last four seasons, winning the championship game in 2021.
• Utah has sold out Rice-Eccles Stadium in 74 consecutive games, dating back to the 2010 season opener. Utah increased its capacity to 51,444 with the Ken Garff Red Zone in 2021.
COURTESY UTAH ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS