The Rimington Trophy has released its 2022 preseason watch list and Notre Dame graduate student Jarrett Patterson was among the student-athletes mentioned.
Jarrett Patterson Information:
- Started all 13 games for the Irish in 2021 as a senior, helping Notre Dame average over 426 yards of offense per game and 4.1 yards per carry.
- Has not allowed a sack throughout his entire career with the Irish.
- 2022 Walter Camp and The Sporting News Preseason All-American
- 2022 Rimington Award Watch List
- 2021 Phil Steele Third Team All-American
- 2021 Rimington, Outland and Lombardi Award Watch List selection
This year, the Trophy committee worked with Pro Football Focus (PFF) to narrow down its list to the top 40 centers. PFF grades every player on every play of every game on how well they execute their given assignment. That play-by-play grading allowed the Trophy committee to create a watchlist based both on nominations from the schools and data provided by PFF. Once the season begins, schools will be able to nominate their centers for late addition based on in-season merit.
About the Rimington Trophy The Rimington Trophy is presented annually to the most outstanding center in NCAA Division I College Football. Since its inception, the award has raised over $5 million for the Boomer Esiason Foundation. Dave Rimington, the award’s namesake, was a consensus first-team All-America center at the University of Nebraska in 1981 and 1982, during which time he became the John Outland Trophy’s only two-time winner as the nation’s finest college interior lineman. For more on the Rimington Trophy, visit www.rimingtontrophy.com.
COURTESY NOTRE DAME ATHLETICS