FROM WIKIPEDIA COMMONS
Donald A. Gorske (born November 28, 1953) is an American world record holder known as the “Big Mac enthusiast”. He is best known for having eaten 32,000. Big Mac hamburgers from the U.S. fast food chain McDonald’s in his lifetime, winning him a place in the Guinness Book of Records. He claims the Big Mac constitutes 90-95% of his total solid food intake. A resident of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, he is featured in the documentaries Super Size Me (2004) and Don Gorske: Mac Daddy (2005), and is the author of 22,477 Big Macs (2008).
On May 25, 2009, Gorske was featured on The Rachael Ray Show.
The Netflix series History 101 featured Gorske to start its episode 01 on Fast Food released in 2020.
Question of the Day
What’s the best way to keep fresh parsley in the house?
Parsley will keep nicely for about two weeks if you immerse the stems in a glass of water and then tent the leaves with a plastic bag.
Advice of the Day
Progress might have been all right once, but now it’s gone on too long.
Home Hint of the Day
To keep mosquitoes to a minimum, eliminate their breeding sites on your property. They need standing water to lay their eggs in, so empty those puddles, old cans, buckets, and plant pots.
Word of the Day
A blustering, talkative person.
Puzzle of the Day
Better (Blank) than (Blank).(What’s the saying? Fill in the blanks!)
1) late 2) never
- Samuel Colt (inventor) – 1814
- Edgar Degas (painter) – 1834
- Lizzie Borden (accused murderess) – 1860
- Charles Horace Mayo (surgeon) – 1865
- A.J. Cronin (writer) – 1896
- Vikki Carr (singer) – 1941
- Ilie Nastase (tennis player) – 1946
- Anthony Edwards (actor) – 1962
- Scott Walker (hockey player) – 1973
- Benedict Cumberbatch (actor ) – 1976
- Jared Padalecki (actor) – 1982
- Margaret Fuller (writer) – 1850
- Rose Alnora Hartwick Thorpe (poet) – 1939
- Elwyn Marshall Meader (plant breeder) – 1996
- James Aparo (illustrator; drew Batman and other DC Comics heroes) – 2005
- Jack Warden (actor) – 2006
- Frank McCourt (Pulitzer Prize-winning author) – 2009
- James Garner (actor) – 2014
- Garry Marshall (director, producer, actor) – 2016
- Lady Jane Grey was replaced by Mary I of England as Queen of England after having the title for only nine days– 1553
- Bloomers (long, loose, trousers) were introduced to delegates of the first Women’s Right’s Convention in Seneca Falls, New York– 1848
- Morris Nourse earned a Carnegie Medal by saving a drowning boy in Des Moines, Iowa– 1905
- Fiberglass sutures were first used, by Dr. Roy Scholz in St. Louis, Missouri– 1939
- N.Y.C. subway’s first air-conditioned cars began service– 1967
- Canada and United States agreed to transfer certain prisoners who wish to finish sentence in own country– 1978
- New Hampshire teacher Christa McAuliffe was selected to be the first schoolteacher to ride aboard the Space Shuttle– 1985
- 26th Summer Olympics began in Atlanta, Georgia– 1996
- Don Gorske of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin ate his 20,000th Big Mac sandwich at a local McDonald’s restaurant. He already had made the Guinness World Records book for eating a record number of Big Macs before he hit number 19,000 in March 2003– 2004
- Fire began near Circus Maximus that destroyed 2/3 of Rome, Italy– 2064
- The third hurricane within a month hit the northern Florida peninsula– 1886
- Saguenay flood began in Quebec, Canada– 1996